Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

cruise control

Old 09-22-2003, 09:24 PM
hconner3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise control

hello,
I plan on installing cruise control onto my car, a 1991 civic std hatchback. Can anyone direct me towards informational sites on how to do this. I plan on using all factory stuff as much as possible. IE cruise buttons on dash, and on steering wheel, also allowing the dash light to come on signaling use of cruise control.

Any info is appreciated. Parts lists are great, etc

If this is a pain in the arse, i want to know, although i figure it would be a lot easier to install a goofy aftermarket one with a piggyback controls for you windshield wiper arm, but it would not look as nice, nor as clean. Low key is the trend, less is more.
thanks a lot
Old 09-22-2003, 09:59 PM
toyman99

Its going to be hard to get the buttons on the steering wheel.

You may want to go with the stalk mount.

Dash mount units are just hard to control. Avoid it.

Basically, you are piggybacking the throttle cable, and you will have a vacuum resevoir that works off the vacuum on your car unless you get an electric operated unit.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:07 PM
hconner3

toyman99
I already have a steering wheel off a 1990 civic ex with the controls on the steering wheel, and the dash insert with the cruise button.
Thanks for the input on how the cruise works.
Any ideas on what to get at the junkyard as for parts to make it work?