Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

saving the stock cd player?

Old 09-20-2003, 06:54 AM
sever98gsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saving the stock cd player?

I am thinking of buying an aftermarket head unit for my 98 Integra GSR. I have hear that with some newer Honda products you need to keep the stock unit hooked up somewhere in the car so the airbags, alarm, locks, ect. will operate properly. Is this true with my model or is it out with the old and in with the new? Thanks.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:57 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

dont worry about it with your car... it only affected certain 96-98 civics and some CRVs. And it was nothing to do with the air bags.... just the keyless entry.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:34 PM
sever98gsr

My stock player has a light that blinks when the passive alarm is on. Is there any way to find the wires that cause this light to blink and wire them to another light to help prevent theft after I replace the head unit?
Old 09-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Kirby

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
dont worry about it with your car... it only affected certain 96-98 civics and some CRVs. And it was nothing to do with the air bags.... just the keyless entry.
yeah, that happened to my sister's civic. the people at best buy didn't even know.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:30 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Originally posted by sever98gsr
My stock player has a light that blinks when the passive alarm is on. Is there any way to find the wires that cause this light to blink and wire them to another light to help prevent theft after I replace the head unit?
That just blinks when the power to the unit is shut off. There is no external wirring, its all contained inside the unit.

You can always purchase a blinking LED, and wire it so it is active when you shut the ignition off.