Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

6 speakers in 96 integra??

Old 09-05-2003, 01:33 PM
LALno1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 speakers in 96 integra??

how can I wire 6 speakers to my car. 2 front 2 rear and 2 on the back deck thing. BTW, I just bought infinity 6002si for the front, have 6x9 JL's on the rear deck, and nothing in the back panels.

I figure I need some kind of amp to run it correctly. Can anyone help me with how I would set it up.

Also, once i save the money, i'm going to buy an amp for my subs (have no idea what kind they are, they're in my garage. 2 12's, that hit pretty hard in my friends car. he sold them to me in the box for 20 bucks (can't go wrong there))

anyways, I was going to buy a JBL 600.1, but I don't know if it will run with the subs I have. (in the future I plan on buying 1 12 to run off of it)

so, I want to know how to set up 6 speakers, or should I just stick with the 4 and get the amp for sub? either way I would like to know how to set up the speakers.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:12 PM
xivera
insert witty remark here

Why do you need all those full-range speakers!?
Most A/V surround systems don't even require 3 pairs of discrete stereo channels. Do they!?
Does your present head unit/receiver have preouts? How many [pairs]!?
Given the right equipment, it's really not hard to do...
Old 09-06-2003, 09:20 PM
97teg

Could run a 4 channel to the front and rear then use the deck to power the 6x9's or any combo that you want. Id say scrap one of the back speakers. Either the 6x9's or the door in the rear.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:21 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Using a 4 channel amp, run the front speakers off of the first 2 channels and the rear 4 speakers off of the other 2 channels (at 2 ohm stereo).