Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Monster Tach... 89CRX SI Help?

Old 08-18-2003, 02:30 PM
98RedGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Tach... 89CRX SI Help?

Hey guys, I was trying to help install a autometer 5 tach in my friends CRX but was running into a problem. He didnt get any instructions with the tach at all and but it does have all the connected wires.

I kinda need to know which wire goes into what?

It does come with the shift light and i checked the search function but it didnt yield awsome results I am basically just tryin to find a walkthrough if anyone would show me to one or post me one.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:21 PM
LeinanJD

http://www.autometer.com/hp/ go here then click on Instrustions/Wiring in the left hand column down towards the bottom are all the wiring instructions for all the different tachs good luck
Old 08-18-2003, 11:53 PM
98RedGS

Most Hondas and Acura's

On most of these engines, you can go to the blue wire that comes out of the distributor, or on late models you may need to go to the yellow wire with green stripe at the ICM (Ignition Control Module), which is next to the distributor. Also, there may be a diagnostic plug in the corner of the driver's side engine bay where the fender and firewall meet, and this plug will have a blue wire you can splice the green into. (in almost all cases, 2 PPR)
I need an EXACT pin on the ecu to tap into or in this case the pic of the distrubutor and the blue wire they are speaking of?

If its the baby blue wire in the front drivers side then i tried that one and it isnt working at all. The gauge dosent go past 2k and jumps at idle.