Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Digital Guages instead of Analog

Old 08-23-2003, 04:32 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by fastball
Electronic gauges just wouldn't look right on a Honda. The old GM all digital dash boards were so confusing, anyway (17 different ways to tell you how your gas was and how fast you are going, but no tach!) All you need is a big analog speedo and a big analog tach, with a fuel gauge and you're all set.

I both agree and disagree with you. Look at all the real race spec Honda's... Spoon, Realtime Racing ITR, RSX-S, Top Fuel's RSX they ALL have digital readouts...and they are Hondas. But I agree with you on the fact that all you really need is a center-mount large analog tach and a smaller sized analog speedo to the side, a fuel gauge and you're set. But what I was saying was to make this kind of "analog" dash display with aftermarket hihg quality gauges.

Yes most Hondas come with a tach and ofcourse the speedo and fuel, but also tons of lights and shit you don't need. My idea of a clean functional yet really cool dash display would be to make it custom and strictly have aftermarket gauges...I've seen this done before so I'll have to search for pics...for you guys to get the real idea..
Old 08-23-2003, 10:46 PM
xivera
insert witty remark here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mugen (available through King Motorsports or a few JDM websites like Taka Kaira) has what you're looking for, THA ELuDA.
Also, check Dakota Digital for digital gauges for custom work.

I also agree with fastball in that the tachometer, fuel gauge & speedometer should be analog... unless you want to be able to recall top speed runs, gear shifts and whatnot for "diagnostic purposes."