Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

alpine headunit

Old 08-16-2003, 08:06 AM
civicJDM4dr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alpine headunit

i have the cda-7893 headunit and i have owned it for a little over a year then out of no where it starts messing up, it will only read a few cd-r's i has no problems with the real cds, just burned, and when they do work sometimes they will skip about every 6 or 7 seconds, if anyone could help me with this problem that would be awesome thanx.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:03 AM
jhargrove

perhaps try a can of compressed air with the little 'straw' attachment and put a few blasts of air in through the cd slot or other openings??? Perhaps some dust or dirt has settled on the laser?
Old 08-16-2003, 11:56 AM
BrownGuy

Originally posted by jhargrove
perhaps try a can of compressed air with the little 'straw' attachment and put a few blasts of air in through the cd slot or other openings??? Perhaps some dust or dirt has settled on the laser?
Or you could buy a CD lens cleaner kit... that'll yield better results.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:42 PM
civicJDM4dr

i did try the laser lense cleaner, and I had no difference with the problem, i took it to the dealer and they are going to have to ship it to the alpine warehouse and they are going to determine the problem and fix it for me so, thanks anyways guys