Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

03 Accord Rear Speaker Polarization

Old 08-06-2003, 11:01 AM
corey88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Accord Rear Speaker Polarization

I am installing a new Infinity BassLink in the trunk of a 03 Accord EX-L 4dr. I am using speaker level inputs to the BassLink from the rear speakers. On the rear speakers... which side of the input is positive and which is negative. I don't see any +/- markings on the speakers (unless I'm missing it), but on the metal enclosure of each rear speaker I see a green dot that someone, I assume at the factory, drew beside one side of the inputs. Is this to mark the polarity, and if so, is the side with the green dot the + or the - side of the input?

Thanks
Old 08-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Big Chaze
Mr Clutch

Default Re: 03 Accord Rear Speaker Polarization

Originally posted by corey88
I am installing a new Infinity BassLink in the trunk of a 03 Accord EX-L 4dr. I am using speaker level inputs to the BassLink from the rear speakers. On the rear speakers... which side of the input is positive and which is negative. I don't see any +/- markings on the speakers (unless I'm missing it), but on the metal enclosure of each rear speaker I see a green dot that someone, I assume at the factory, drew beside one side of the inputs. Is this to mark the polarity, and if so, is the side with the green dot the + or the - side of the input?

Thanks
Here's the greatest trick of all time.

Grab yourself a double a battery.
Take one lead from the speaker and put it on one end of the battery. Take the other lead and put it on the other end of the battery.
Look at the cone of the speaker while touching the speaker leads on the battery. If the cone moves in....then you have the speaker connected wrong. If it moves out....then it's connected the right way. Just look at the battery and see which lead is on the pos side of the batt. and which side is on the neg.side of the battery.
You've now figured out which lead is pos, and which lead is neg.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:44 PM
lzxray

HAHA! That is, in fact, the greatest trick of all time.

I tried it, it works. Can't count the trouble this would have saved me in the past.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:36 AM
Big Chaze
Mr Clutch

Originally posted by lzxray
HAHA! That is, in fact, the greatest trick of all time.

I tried it, it works. Can't count the trouble this would have saved me in the past.
Glad to be of help.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:29 AM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

just curious, do the 03' accords have accustic feedback?