Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alpine SPX Type X Series

Old 08-08-2003, 12:56 PM
97teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not saying its always the way to go but atleast you can listen to the finished set and get an idea what they are going to sound like. With a diy you won't really know how the combo sounds together untill its all bought and assembled. Im not saying pre made is always the way to go but diy might not always be the way to go either. The alpine x overs have a bunch of different settigns depending on how and where the speakers are mounted. I don't think madisound will give you crossovers that do that but in a case where it is just a crossover im sure you can make great x overs. I built x overs myself for a home speaker contest. They were 24 db/oct x overs but didn't turn out very cheap and were fairly big. I was jsut saying all active makes it easier to adjust if the x over points turn out to be too high or two low. Sometimes 4 ohms drivers of the ones you want are hard to come by or are more expensive.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:04 PM
cooliojones

Well I trust Alpine more than myself on the whole speaker setup, not enough to pay them $800 for flagship series speakers, but enough to comtinue to buy headunits and speakers under the $400 mark. The X Series seems pretty impressive, and I think I am going to go that route too. But you know it's hard to believe that only one other person on the board has them??? I thought it would be a little more widespread?
Old 08-08-2003, 01:08 PM
97teg

might want to ask or search on www.caraudioforum.com or www.elitecaradio.com
youll need to sign up for elite though.