Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alarm Problems

Old 07-21-2003, 09:25 PM
jinx-mitchell
The Comic Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Problems

I just bought a GSR and didn't know there was an alarm, 'cause I think the guy disarmed it or something. Anyway, I just gave the car a tune up and disconnected the battery but after i reconnected it the car wouldn't start and the alarm was going off. Can anybody tell me if alarm guys will go to your house to remove an alarm as a general rule, and if not any guidelines on what I need to do to remove this thing?
Thanks
Old 07-21-2003, 10:11 PM
ADRteg

find the wire to the horn and rip it out for now, or just find the on off switch like i did
Old 07-21-2003, 10:16 PM
jinx-mitchell
The Comic Guy

I cut the alarm horn off, that's not the problem. It's that the car won't start cause the alarm disabled the ignition.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:32 AM
LjN_728

Originally posted by jinx-mitchell
I cut the alarm horn off, that's not the problem. It's that the car won't start cause the alarm disabled the ignition.

Just because you cut the alarm horn off doesn't mean the alarm is activated!! damn dudes!! u get wut i'm trying to say? The brain of the alarm is still activated. You simply stopped it from making noise. This means ur alarm has a engine kill mode. Did you kno u could still use that alarm for urself? u should have to buy a replacement transmitter or remote. Well anyways...try this! On the driver's side, you're going to have to get on your knees because typically the alarm switch is located near where your left leg/foot would be. It may be somewhat hidden because everybody knows where the switch is and the installer might've hidden it. What you're looking for is either a toggle switch or a push button switch. Once you've located it, you need to deactivated. First put your key in the ignition and turn it to the second click. The once right before you turn the engine on. This will allow you to activate/deactivate the alarm. Remember that switch, now if it's a push button, press and hold is down until it makes a beep or beeps. If it does, go ahead and remove the key in the ignition and turn your car on.

If the alarm does beep then try this. Put the key in the ignition to the second click. Push the push button switch once. Remove the key, put it back in and start the car.

You'll need to do the same if u want to reactivate the alarm.

Now if you can't find the switch, you're going to have to manual disconnect the brain of the alarm. Same place, bottom of driver's dash. You're literally going to have to stick your head where your feet are in the driver's side. What you're looking for is a somewhat small box. It's about 2-3" x 2". Should have a couple of different colored wires going into it. Find the release button for the wiring harness. The brain has been disconnected. Start your car!

Hope this solves it man. Sorry for being so long. Post up results!
Old 07-22-2003, 09:06 AM
jinx-mitchell
The Comic Guy

Cool, thanks. I'll go try that. I knew that the horn wasn't gonna solve my problem, it just made it alot quieter. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:08 AM
jinx-mitchell
The Comic Guy

The car starts! The button didn't work (probably cause I was doing something wrong), but it starts! Thanks for your help!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:46 AM
LjN_728

Did u actually do anything to the alarm to get it started? or it just started with luck? haha
Old 07-22-2003, 03:13 PM
jinx-mitchell
The Comic Guy

Why is everyone here a smart ass. The button didn't work so I did what you said to do and unplugged the wires from the "brain."