Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

a question about audio systems

Old 07-20-2003, 04:52 PM
vinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a question about audio systems

a question about audio systems quote:

can someone show me a pic of those $7-10 k audio system in a car. i dont see how one can go that high, all we need is a sub, amp and hu right ?
Old 07-20-2003, 06:14 PM
99aznaccord

amp for sub, amp for highs, component systems, MAYBE rear fill, custom kick panels, head unit, crossovers, equalizers, maybe mobile entertainment, tv's, wires, fuses, alternator, battery, ect....There is so many different things you can get. It depends on how picky you really want. Maybe the average person that doesn't know much about car audio would get cd player, sub and an amp. But most would go up to component speakers, and maybe an equalizer. And then there are those that take the extra step by going into tv's which would mean additional speakers for surround sound and different processors to get the surround sound. It all depends.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:00 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by 99aznaccord
amp for sub, amp for highs, component systems, MAYBE rear fill, custom kick panels, head unit, crossovers, equalizers, maybe mobile entertainment, tv's, wires, fuses, alternator, battery, ect....There is so many different things you can get. It depends on how picky you really want. Maybe the average person that doesn't know much about car audio would get cd player, sub and an amp. But most would go up to component speakers, and maybe an equalizer. And then there are those that take the extra step by going into tv's which would mean additional speakers for surround sound and different processors to get the surround sound. It all depends.
alot of people try to show off saying they have 7-10k audio systems (by adding retail prices lol)
anyways it can get expensive based on the quality of the products used..
you could get a custom 3 way component with audax diamond tweetes which are $2700 a tweeter
don't also forget hours and hour of labor inoled in fancy systems...
so 7-10 isn't that hard to achieve
Old 07-20-2003, 08:29 PM
smokedogg

basically what igo4bmx mentioned, quality is where the price adds up.

For the average joe, a headunit, sub(s) and amp will be enough. Thats where I started out, and I was happy for a while - until I decided just having bump did not sound good. I ended up getting a 4 channel amp for my highs/mids. Depending on how much you appreciate the sound quality of music, you won't be happy with just a HU, amp and sub.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:51 PM
97teg

If you start getting into having a shop fiberglass sub enclosures and amp racks that have motorization, glassing consolses to fit equipment, it will add up quickly. Look at the alpine demo si. That install is wwwaayyyyy over that amount.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:09 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by 97teg
If you start getting into having a shop fiberglass sub enclosures and amp racks that have motorization, glassing consolses to fit equipment, it will add up quickly. Look at the alpine demo si. That install is wwwaayyyyy over that amount.
wasn't it over 90k for parts and labor estimate?
Old 07-21-2003, 04:38 PM
97teg

Yeah i dunno some crazy number like that. The funny thing is they didn't even use alpines top of the line equipment. The speakers were type r's not even type x's. I don't think the the deck was an f1 status. I guess they wanted to show you don't have to have the most expensive equipment but i dunno.