Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Who ever can answer this Q will help me GREATLY

Old 07-15-2003, 08:41 PM
MGLax13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who ever can answer this Q will help me GREATLY

I have a '99 Honda Accord EX. It has the double 'DIN' cd player installed right now but I'm about to install a Pioneer head unit. Along with my factory radio, I had honda install a tape deck that goes in that space below the radio right in front of the shifter. I no longer need this tape deck, but I have not the slightest idea on how to remove it. I remove the two screws from the cover but I can't get the cover off. If I could, I'm sure I could figure out how to get the deck out. If anyone can help me with this, your help will be GREATLY apreciated. Thank you very much.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:44 AM
accord_coupe01

Behind the clock/hazard switch, which you just have to pry open, is another screw. After you get that off just pull the panel of from the bottom, where the first two screws were.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:43 PM
MGLax13

I got that part down, thats not the problem. I don't have the tape deck installed in the dash. It's right under that center console underneath the radio.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:45 PM
jdmaccord6

i donno how to take it off but if u do figure out can i buy that piece from you? is it for just a single DIN install? got any pics?