Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   simple question about aftermarket speaker install. (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/8361-simple-question-about-aftermarket-speaker-install.html)

ziggyziggy 07-09-2002 09:04 PM

simple question about aftermarket speaker install.

do i just pull out the factory speakers and attach the new ones or do i need some sort of special adapters for the aftermarket speakers, kinda like the idea of aftermarket headunits. i've never open up my door panel b4.

Fujiwara Takumi 07-09-2002 09:55 PM

Re: simple question about aftermarket speaker install.

Originally posted by ziggyziggy
do i just pull out the factory speakers and attach the new ones or do i need some sort of special adapters for the aftermarket speakers, kinda like the idea of aftermarket headunits. i've never open up my door panel b4.
the stock speakers are two, (very short :mad: ), wires with a plastic harness on the end that plugs straight into the OEM speakers. if you plan to add aftermarkets with no adapter on the after market youll need to get your solder on and clip the harness off the stock wires. the speakers should fit in very easily, in my car its proly about 30 mins to do all four, 20 mins a pair or less.

VRGNCD5 07-09-2002 11:29 PM

Re: simple question about aftermarket speaker install.

when you buy aftermarket speakers, they dont come with the cute plastic adaptor like on your stock speakers. You can either get the harness so you can just plug it right in, or you can cut the plug off and either solder (if you have skills) or crimp the wires together. So long as you get the right size speaker, including right depth (which is a big issue w/most hondas) then it will be an easy experience.

ziggyziggy 07-10-2002 06:16 AM

how much would the harness cost?

Fujiwara Takumi 07-10-2002 06:35 AM

how much would the harness cost?
i dunno where youd get the harnesses, except i know crutchfield will sell speakers with them built in.

ziggyziggy 07-10-2002 06:47 AM

Originally posted by fujiwara takumi

i dunno where youd get the harnesses, except i know crutchfield will sell speakers with them built in.

so i assume most of u guys just solder them on?

Cashis EG8 07-10-2002 08:50 AM

Circuit City, Best Buys, Good Guys, etc...should have speaker harnesses for $5.99 a pair.

Fujiwara Takumi 07-10-2002 08:56 AM

Originally posted by Cashis EG8
Circuit City, Best Buys, Good Guys, etc...should have speaker harnesses for $5.99 a pair.

hmm, i learned somethign new today. rock on.

b00gers 07-10-2002 04:31 PM

yea the harnesses arent too expensive. but they are practically useless to me since i always run aftermarket wires...=P

VRGNCD5 07-10-2002 05:30 PM

so i assume most of u guys just solder them on?

I don't solder mine on, I get the correct terminals to connect to the speaker and crimp them on. Like Will, I run my own speaker wire, usually monster cable.