Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

[Q] Installing Head unit for 93 Accord

Old 07-02-2003, 04:53 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Q] Installing Head unit for 93 Accord

When I purchased the car, Feb. of this year.. it came with 2 din Addzest (Clarion) unit.

Right now, I am tring to replace this unit with brand new Alpine CDM-9801 1din unit with 1din stereo drawer and I have no idea how it install it.

I took the dash apart and removed the 2 din unit and found out that there is no bracket.. I would like to know how it look like and my brand new unit will fit or not?

Also any tip on installation?

Thanks..

PS:Looking at from picture.. plate that is on left side... this thing was taped to bottom of the 2 din unite and was holding by three screws at rear bottom of dash board .. What is it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
alpine.jpg (88.6 KB, 87 views)
Old 07-02-2003, 06:56 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

How about using 1993 & up Acura Legned Audio Bracket? Is it possible?
Old 07-03-2003, 04:08 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

huh? no one knows? Thanks.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:18 AM
r2k2d2

hey, i also have a 93 accord. u know that the stock receiver is a 2 din size and since ur alpine is 1 din just go out at buy a dash kit. u can get it from circuit city or best buy for about $20-$40, dont really remember, or u can purchase one online for prob around $20 or so. u will attach that to your head unit/open spot on the car and then proceed w. the install. i could explain how to install it if i were there, but im not so heres the next best thing...
Detailed Head Unit Install for 93 Accord

hope this helps you out....let me know if you need any more help w. this. i didnt use this website when i installed my HU, but i followed the same procedure.

-Raj-
Old 07-04-2003, 08:49 AM
LjN_728

Because more aftermarket HU use brackets the same way, the chances of removing the clarion HU and replacing it with an Alpine should be no problem. try to salvage the 2 din bracket you original have. When inspecting the original 2 din bracket, you'll notice how it's holding the clarion HU in place. Simply lift the tabs holding it and slide it out. Get the alpine and slide it in. Put everything back in and u're set.

I notice that you're in Korea, butof course you wouldn't have a Circuit City of anything there. But just in case you can salvage the original 2 din bracket, go to a audio store, ask them for it.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:50 AM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Thanks..

I payed $90 for custom installation ..... Ouch...
but I am really happy with new Alpine unit..