Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

tweeter placement

Old 06-26-2003, 05:25 PM
97teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tweeter placement

Ok so ive been messing around with different locations for my tweeters. I jsut don't like them in the doors. I moved them down under the dash. They sound good but the staging is a bit low. Ive been seeing some people have luck with them in the a pillars. Any suggestions?
Old 06-26-2003, 08:16 PM
99aznaccord

Before you start cutting holes in the a pillar, how about some kick panels? Or, since you say that they sound good under the dash, but the stage is too low, so why not buy an extra set of tweeters and place those up a bit higher. Not extremely expensive ones, just somethng a bit cheaper, but not too cheap. Then place those somewhere a bit higher and set them at a lower volume, or lower gain than the lower tweets. This can help raise the sound stage a bit and still get the good sound stage you were looking for.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:41 PM
97teg

I can't to kicks cause i need the dead pedal. I think im gonna give up and just buy a better eq to atleast make it tonally ok. Im gonna leave the tweeters in the doors.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:51 AM
99aznaccord

Well don't do that quite yet. I don't know if this is true but maybe you can call up alpine an ask them about it. Suppoedly they have this eq where you can literally RAISE the sound stage. With my speaker in the kick, the stage was a bit lower than I had wanted, so I was going to buy extra tweets to raise the stage up a bit. Instead I was messing with my deck and turned on this little feature called 'defeat' and magically, it raised the stage up to the amount that I had wanted. Not only that, but also added in some of that sharpness to the sound as well. I'm sure all the newer model alpines have them. Just find out about the alpine eq.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:35 AM
97teg

How much does an eq like that cost though? Ill probably go with the eq before kicks. Ill probably jsut move the tweeters down to kciks so i still have room.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:09 PM
99aznaccord

I'm not really sure on how it works or if it really does work or not. This guy at a shop that I've been to told me about. I trust him somewhat because he knows a lot about car audio and have done some impressive setups. Well I'm guessing it will be a couple hundred dollars. Just call up alpine and ask them about something that could possibly help with your sound stage a bit.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:33 PM
97teg

yeah ive just become generally displeased with my system. No matter what i do it doesn't sound right. I don't know if its placement, equipment or adjument. Without major $$$ i think its gonna be hard to fix it.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:56 PM
99aznaccord

Well that's not true. A great sounding system isn't all about $$$. Think about it. You can have the top line equipment of any brand, but without good installation, it can sound like shit. And you can have the middle line or bottom line equipment, but have a great installation and make it sound better than higher quality equipment. So for you, the only problem is the installation, not spending more money. So maybe you should try using the a pillar. Just set the tweeter gain a bit lower because you don't want those highs to scream in your face. Just try a whole bunch of different locations. One way you can accomplish this is by taking some velcro and put it in the location you want and just listen.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:09 PM
97teg

Yeah i understand its jsut as much the install as the equipment. But to have a shop do it, it cost a fair amount of money to do it. Im by no strecth of the imagination a pro installer so i can try it but there are no guarentees how its gonna turn out. There are a lot of space limitations that i have to work with. If i didn't need a dead pedal kicks would be no problems.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:39 PM
99aznaccord

How about go to sounddomain.com? I'm sure there are a bunch of people with the same car as yours...I'm guessing and integra....that are also in the same situation as you are in now. Go to the member pages and check out some of the other teg's. Here is an example of a guy that did some kicks in his teg and still had room.
http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pa...cura%20Integra
or
http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pa...cura%20Integra
He puts his in the door area.
These are just some ideas for you.