Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Want to wire up my amp to a new switch instead of antenna for on

Old 06-23-2003, 05:47 AM
gpappy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to wire up my amp to a new switch instead of antenna for on

All integras have those empty swicth spaces in the center console. I was thinking of using an on off switch here instead of using somethign like the power antenna lead to turn on the amp.

2 questions:

1) What size opening do these empty slots have (is it an industry standard size??) Any recommendations as to parts supplier would be great here

2) How would I wire it up?

If this seems stupid, let me know too... not an expert at these things, just seemed like a cool thing to do with all this empty space.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:12 AM
hertzy

well why would y ou do that? you want the amp(s) to turn on with the radio don't you?

But, if you just wanna be different. then a simple switch is all ya need opened/closed contact with nothing on the open contact (middle) 12v on the top and the amp remote wire on the bottom. then it's just a matter of flickin the switch. np. You won't need relays or anything cuz the remote is like half an amp or something small like that. You could use a foglight switch or heated seat switch for that stealthy look other wise any switch will be fine dude
Old 06-23-2003, 11:02 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

you could just use the existing gap-fillers, and drill holes in them for a switch.