Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Electrical connectors, HELP

Old 07-07-2002, 07:18 AM
integramodder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical connectors, HELP

That connector is from my clifford siren. But i need to find a place that would sell the connectors (plastic connectors and metal wire endings) because i need to be able to connect more things.

Does anyone know the speicif name for this? Or a place where you couldd get them? I tried radio shack and the people there arent that bright.
Old 07-07-2002, 09:56 AM
b00gers

check radio shacks website. the people that work there really arent that bright...but you might be able to check another radioshack....we have about 5 in our city.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:56 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

even better, look in your local phone book under "electrical" or "electronics" and im sure you can find some specialty electronics stores around. I know for a fact the metal pieces arent gonna be hard to find, you can get those pretty much anywhere(radio shack included) but the plastic connector might be a challenge. There is an electronics parts supplier out of LA that has just about all you can imagine, thats where I got the harness from for my old alpine amp. Ill see If I can find out the name of them so you can contact them to see if you can order what you need.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:17 PM
LjN_728

Are you looking for connectors just for the alarms or connectors that you could use in general, like connecting two different wires together? I personally don't know what kind of connectors are use for alarms, but I don't know that Fry's Electronics carries a wide selection of connectors at an affordable price. Don't waste your time at Radio Shack unless you're looking for a very basic connector. Home Depots has some connectors but not as good as Fry's.

Hope you find wut u need!
Old 07-07-2002, 03:45 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: Electrical connectors, HELP

Originally posted by integramodder

That connector is from my clifford siren. But i need to find a place that would sell the connectors (plastic connectors and metal wire endings) because i need to be able to connect more things.

Does anyone know the speicif name for this? Or a place where you couldd get them? I tried radio shack and the people there arent that bright.
I have a better idea, you can use Anderson connectors, found at your local electronics store(not Radio shack) Im gonna see if I can find any pics of them and post them here so you can see if they are an option for you.

Here you go, with these connectors you can attach many of them together for whatever you need, use some heat shrink tubing to hide the wires that lead into them and provide a secure connection. I use these all the time at work.

Last edited by VRGNCD5; 07-07-2002 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:47 PM
integramodder

is Fry's an online store? Im on the east coast so if its not its not that much help...

Im looking for connectors in general, for a bigger 12-16 guage wire.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:49 PM
integramodder

Default Re: Re: Electrical connectors, HELP

Originally posted by 94uhkord

I have a better idea, you can use Anderson connectors, found at your local electronics store(not Radio shack) Im gonna see if I can find any pics of them and post them here so you can see if they are an option for you.
thanks

found one, those are the ones we have on our robot for battery connections, they are way too big for my application. I need something about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch square that holds atleast 4 connections for 14 guage wire.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:50 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

is Fry's an online store? Im on the east coast so if its not its not that much help...

Im looking for connectors in general, for a bigger 12-16 guage wire.
Yeah bro, you should get those anderson connectors, they are great, easy to use, and easy to find.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:51 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: Re: Re: Electrical connectors, HELP

thanks

found one, those are the ones we have on our robot for battery connections, they are way too big for my application. I need something about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch square that holds atleast 4 connections for 14 guage wire.
this is one kind of anderson, see the kind I posted, thats what you need. this one is for bigger wires than you need. At work, this is the connector we use to supply the 24 volts needed to run power wheelchairs and scooters.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:53 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: Re: Re: Electrical connectors, HELP

thanks

I need something about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch square that holds atleast 4 connections for 14 guage wire.
If you get the red ones above I showed you, it will be almost exactly the specs you noted above, check em out. It doesn't get any easier than these.

Quick Reply: Electrical connectors, HELP