Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

installing 6x9's to the rear deck of integra hatchback

Old 06-10-2003, 11:32 AM
LALno1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing 6x9's to the rear deck of integra hatchback

I just got a pair of JL TR690-TXi 6x9's and I'm going to install them to the rear deck of my 96 hatchback integra. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any links or could help me out on how to wire this to my deck (alpine 7872) because I'm not sure how to attach the wires or which wires to use.

I already have good speaker wire, but do I use this to connect to my deck???

Any info will help.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:55 PM
97teg

Are you talking about on the back shelf thing not the sides by the rear seat right? Youll probably have to disconnect the rears and rerout the wires to the 6x9's cause i don't think the deck will like running two sets of speakers off the rear youll probably blow something out.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:26 PM
LALno1

yeah i'm talking about that shelf thing. Can I take my better speaker wire (for new speakers) and route it to the deck where I can connect them to the other rear speaker wires?

may be confusing, but in other words should i disconnect the current rear speakers at the deck and reconnect the new wire where I cut the old wire??
Old 06-10-2003, 04:00 PM
97teg

Yes you will have to disconnect your current rears and it would probably be easiest to just connect the new speaker wire onto the ends of the old one at the rear. I wouldn't bother running it all the way back to the deck casue at some point youll still have the stock wiring and the wire is only as good as its weakest link. Maybe if you could run it straight from an amp there might be a SLIGHT difference with the better wire.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:41 PM
LALno1

oh ok thanks for the help
Old 06-11-2003, 08:40 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

So you plan on running only the 6x9's right??? Not both rear sets??? Because I don't think your deck will like a 2 ohm load....
Old 06-11-2003, 12:05 PM
LALno1

hey siclone that's kinda what I was trying to ask--if i could have all six speakers running off of my deck, otherwise i'm pretty sure it would work how 97teg told me to do it.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:42 PM
97teg

Ok i want to make sure. Don't run all 6 speakers at the same time. You will have to disconect the back rears and just take that wire and run it to your 6x9's. Youll only be able to run 4 speakers at a time.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:58 PM
LALno1

ok thanks 97teg. also, do you know of any good internet sites selling amps such as the JBL bp600.1 amp. (i've seen you suggest it)

also, i am wondering what kind of speakers I should get for my front two speakers that will complement the 6x9's in the rear.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:20 PM
97teg

if you want authorized band spakin new go here http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/JBLBP6001

They offer full warrenty if you want really cheap you can look at ebay. Its a fair amount cheaper and ebay has a warrenty program on electornics if you want.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/warranty/buyer_faqs.html

I really would suggest a 4 channel amp before you get components. Itll help the overall sound out a lot and most components really need amp power. If you want components ive herd rainbows that sound really good, the alpines i have are cheap on ebay (200) as opposed to 380 but they need a fair amount of power (atleast 75). The alpine type r's aren't bad but its all taste. Everyone has a different opinion on what speakers should sound like.I personally tend to like soft dome tweeters cause they don't seem to be as harsh as metal. Thats just imo though. Best bet is to go into some shops ask questions and audition cds you like. Don't be afraid to ask them to play something you are familar with.