Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Installing an Alarm

Old 06-09-2003, 07:48 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing an Alarm

well a friend of mine gave me his old Fusion alarm,...i dont know if anyone has heard of this brand but anyways,...i want to attempt to intall it myself,...im pretty good with electrical stuff,...but i just wanted to know if it would be pretty simple to do the basic stuff,...i dont need really all the extra shit,..i would just like to wire up the shock sensor and what not,..i have the remote and i would just like to arm and disarm the alarm,...and i would like to have the lights blink when i arm/disarm the alarm,...will this be difficult,..i have no problems getting underneath the dash and doing the stuff,...i just need to know if what i want to do is difficult or not,..let me know,..TIA
Old 06-10-2003, 12:41 PM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i posted on ur other post, but its a peice of cake, u just have to tap into ur ignition wire, and find the headlight wires, a haynes, helms or other car manual with wiring diagrams would be helpful so u know how its all hooked up and where to tap into, but as long as ur alarm lists the different wire connections than its just squeezing down under the dash to do it all, i did my own in about half an hour, just make sure u dont hook up the fuse to the siren until its all put together so u dont annoy ur neighbors like i did.