Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Rear Seat Amplifier Rack

Old 07-03-2002, 01:55 PM
RicerRay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seat Amplifier Rack

Does anyone have any idea or is it possible to mount an amplifier onto the folddown seat. I dont want it to look all jerry-rigged, somewhat perfessional like at the car shows. Is it good do just use tap screws to go into the back of the seats, because the seats seem that there is metal right behind them.
Old 07-03-2002, 02:02 PM
b00gers

a lot of my friends do that. they all have different cars, but i recall them drilling into wooden brackets....but what you want to do is very possible.
Old 07-03-2002, 02:10 PM
RicerRay

Default Another issue.....

Somehow I am thinking on making a sub enclosure where the plexiglass is right up against the rear seat folddown, and you can visually see the rear of the subs(magnets, coils,etc.) But I want to also make use of the tire well, but I dont know if you can imagine the wierd shape of the box if i try to form it level with the trunk flooring and then dipping down into the spare tire well. So the box would look like an upside down T ...:dunno: So maybe what I am sayin is just impossible, Im just trying to use any possible airspace in my trunk. By the way 2 12" JL W3's
Old 07-03-2002, 02:20 PM
b00gers

those 2 12s most likey wont fit into the well....that idea of using the spare tire well and at the same time showing off the magnets by putting down the rear seat wont work.

why dont you make a box against the rear seat, and then make the amp rack in the spare well covered in plexi for show.

i dont know..i never did any kinda of building for looks.
Old 07-03-2002, 02:28 PM
RicerRay

Well I want to use the plexiglass back against the rear seats to just but a black light or strobe in there. But I understand where you are coming from, performace is better. But both would be nice.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:59 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Originally posted by RicerRay
Well I want to use the plexiglass back against the rear seats to just but a black light or strobe in there. But I understand where you are coming from, performace is better. But both would be nice.
I wish I could download pictures from my car (still using a 6 year old Pentium 200mhz!). You can mount the amps direcly to the seat back. The trick to making it look neat and professional is running all the wiring (speaker, power, ground, and RCA) under the cloth. To do that I made a slit at the bottom of the seat back where all the wiring comes in, and then various SMALL slits where they go on the amp. Then I fished the wiring through the cloth to where they all plug into. Looks like you just have amps back there mounted with no function!
Old 07-03-2002, 06:37 PM
RicerRay

damn that sounds like a great idea man...now all i gotta do is figure outta way to put my subs in....i gotta make sure that I put the plexiglass a good distance away from the rear of the seat so that the top of the amp does not bump into it....but what should i do with the spare wheel well...cause I just am gonna make a box for the subs that butts up against the rear seat...thanks for the idea
Old 07-03-2002, 07:18 PM
b00gers

keep the spare in there.