Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

speaker wire/ door jamb 2000 teg

Old 05-24-2003, 08:01 PM
eXcelon969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker wire/ door jamb 2000 teg

ok so i have to run some nice 16ga speaker wire to my components in my door. i have NO clue how to get the wire through the door jamb. any help is appreciated. i have a 2000 integra LS.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:10 PM
b00gers

there are already wires that are going from the door into the car throught the jam. you will use the same holes and groumets. go under the dash area and locate the groumets. pop the groumet out and and poke a hole through it. same with the groumet that is on the door. then run the wire through.

thats how i did mine.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:45 PM
eXcelon969

ok i understand what a door jamb does...

are you saying remove everything under the dash, i have the glovebox out but i cant find the point where the wires enter the car
Old 05-25-2003, 11:54 AM
b00gers

no you dont have to remove anything. im refering to my 99 integra BTW, but im sure it applies with all hondas.

just reach under the dash area and find the wires that are coming in from the door. all i needed was a small flashlight.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:09 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Doesn't nessecarily apply to all Hondas...... in fact, most later model Hondas (after 1998) use harness plugs for all door electrical. So there is no way to run new wiring through the door. Now, it may be different with Integras since they had the same chasis design from 1994. I don't know about them for sure. I know on 5th gen Preludes, 6th and 7th gen Accords and Civics, the boot for the door electrical is in one harness and you can't run wiring through it. To add new speakers, you must either drill new holes in the body and door pannel (not recomended) or just run the wiring from the amp to the head unit output, then just tap in to the factory wiring out to the front speakers at the head end. I know someone who tried to unplug this harness and tried to thread wire through it on a 1999 Civic..... he had the door taken off the car completely. When he put it back together, the speaker sounded great, but his door locks didn't work. Took it to the dealer to fix it and cost him 250.00 for a new harness and all the labor.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:16 PM
eXcelon969

will.... i will try to do that, there IS room in the jamb, just gotta fish the wire through it. btw, i found a grommet in the firewall and now have my power wire run =)

fastball... i used to just run my speaker wires to the wiring harness and let the factory wire take over from there into the doors. problem here is that i have component speakers.

so the signal is split between hi and low before it ever reaches the wiring harness. unless i mounted my crossover in the door itself (which i'm NOT gonna do) i have to run speaker wire through the door jamb.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:33 PM
b00gers

i just went out to take this picture and i remember i had to use some sort of wire to fish the speaker wire through because its very cramped under the dash areas.

obviously the speaker wire is not in the housing that the rest of the wires are in.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:13 PM
rcurley55

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=71862

That should cover it all....
Old 05-25-2003, 06:52 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Originally posted by eXcelon969
will.... i will try to do that, there IS room in the jamb, just gotta fish the wire through it. btw, i found a grommet in the firewall and now have my power wire run =)

fastball... i used to just run my speaker wires to the wiring harness and let the factory wire take over from there into the doors. problem here is that i have component speakers.

so the signal is split between hi and low before it ever reaches the wiring harness. unless i mounted my crossover in the door itself (which i'm NOT gonna do) i have to run speaker wire through the door jamb.
I have my crossovers in the doors..... they've been in there for 3 years and no problems. I've done that to many Hondas that I've worked on as well. I stuck them with double sided tape to the back of the interior door trim. They are out of the way of the window, and don't get wet, either. You really should try to avoid the what WiLL did. That's sort of unprofessional. It's your car, do what you want. I just wanted to let you know what the pros do .
Old 05-25-2003, 07:26 PM
eXcelon969

ok so going into the doors is a molex plug. i had to drill 2 small holes on each side to fit the speaker wire through, now i just have to feed it up the door jamb. gotta get some lubricant of some sort.

brent