Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Cassette and CD Receivers in 96 Accord

Old 05-23-2003, 12:17 PM
vvrg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cassette and CD Receivers in 96 Accord

I am a newbie in this forum. I bought a CD-receiver(with MP3) from Crutchfield and got all the required kits along with it. E.g they sent a 1-DIN harness and the wiring socket etc.

I want to keep the existing (factory-installed) radio/cassette receiver too. Honda manual says it can control a CD-receiver too..

Is this possible: I want to know if I can let the two operate independently(so that I can control the MP3 features a little better). If I can not let them operate independently, then I want to control it via the cassette player.

I know that I need a 2-DIN harness.. will I be needing any other wiring etc.. thanks a bunch..
Old 05-23-2003, 07:02 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

im confused... you bought an in dash mp3 deck? or a remote-mount changer?

why do you wanna keep the stock unit if you bought an aftermarket one??

Maybe you should have researched a little more before buying... the oem cassette deck will control an alpine 6cd changer with an adapter.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:30 PM
vvrg

Well.. It is an in-dash deck..only CD/MP3 though.. no cassette player.. thats the reason why I want to keep the stock unit..
I have a large collection of cassettes that I will probably take a while before I can convert them into digital format.. meanwhile I wanted to have the flexibility..

At the same time, I did not want a remote changer for some other reason..
Old 05-23-2003, 10:15 PM
smokedogg

as far as I know, you cannot have both working independently. I think you would run into problems when attempting to connect the speaker wires to both units. I've also never heard of being able to control aftermarket recievers with stock recievers.