Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Problem w/ Prelude 98 CD player !

Old 05-14-2003, 01:13 PM
tritonstudio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem w/ Prelude 98 CD player !

Hi all,

My prelude98 cd player display error message something like a " PEO" . It rejects & won't play any CD. I am thinking of buying an new original factory to replace, but it's costly at the dealer around $400. To repair, it also costs around $200. Do you suggest to buy an after market type of cd player like Alpine line for $400-$500 ? Then it would be a better choice while I still keep the original for a spare if I need to sale the car some days !

The original Prelude98's cd player has the "Acoustic Feed Back System" which is sound so great in the car atmosphere. How is the after market cd player can achieve that factory sound? I think the Acoustic Feedback sound only built in the original prelude cd receiver unit

I really appreciate your input & feedback.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:09 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off.. toss out that damn stock deck and get an aftermarket one. The acoustic feedback system is just a microphone built onto one of the rear speakers and basically adjusts the treble upon sensing road noise.

Trust me.. you'll be sitting wet when you hear what an aftermarket deck will do for you, it's expansion possibilities and better cleaner pre-amp signal if you ever decide on an after market amp and speakers.

Take a look at postgrungejunkie's thread about his car and scroll to the bottom for deck suggestions... most everyone will agree that alpine is a deck everyone likes (except me.. they just look to dam ugly to my eyes )