Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need Amplifier Recommendation

Old 05-08-2003, 02:47 PM
LittleDragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Amplifier Recommendation

I just got the Infinity Reference 60.5cs component system and also the 12" Sony Subwoofer XS-L121P5 which cranks out about 90-350 watts RMS.

I'm trying to find an amp that will just put out about 75 watts RMS for the two component system and enough power for the subwoofer. Anyone got any good suggestions? Do you guys think a del sol would be able to handle that power or would I need to get a capacitor and other things that I have not thought of?

Thanks
Old 05-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Randy12vp

ARC Audio 4150 would be a great amp to use in that application. Actually, a better idea would be to go to your local car stereo store and take a listen to various 4 channel amps and see what sounds best to your ears.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:39 PM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh why cant you people stop asking vague questions and give us a friggen budget is that tooooooooooo much to ask!!?? :fawk:
Old 05-08-2003, 08:43 PM
LittleDragon

Look mofo, if you dont have an answer dont reply shiet! I wasnt concern with a fawken budget I wanted suggestions... Or is that word too big for you?

How is my question vague I was asking for suggestions? I mean shiet, what do I need to specify? Should I just tell you about the "imaginary" amp that I have in mind and ask if you think thats a good amp?

I'm glad you're a real help mofo. I'm sure there are more receptive people out in the world... till then :fawk: right back at you.

Originally posted by moofoo
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh why cant you people stop asking vague questions and give us a friggen budget is that tooooooooooo much to ask!!?? :fawk:
Old 05-09-2003, 12:04 AM
ahvl

Hey. If you don't care about budget then the new JL Audio 450/4 is perfect for ya. You can bridge channel 1&2 for the sub, 300W (150wx2), and channel 3&4 75Wx2 for your front component speakers.
I already installed this amp for my 03 Accord V6 EX Sedan with all Boston Pro Series speakers, no sub. JL Audio makes very good amps though they are more expensive than other brands.
Good luck!
Old 05-09-2003, 03:59 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

Originally posted by LittleDragon
Look mofo, if you dont have an answer dont reply shiet! I wasnt concern with a fawken budget I wanted suggestions... Or is that word too big for you?

How is my question vague I was asking for suggestions? I mean shiet, what do I need to specify? Should I just tell you about the "imaginary" amp that I have in mind and ask if you think thats a good amp?

I'm glad you're a real help mofo. I'm sure there are more receptive people out in the world... till then :fawk: right back at you.
Interesting.. you have infinity references and a sony sub... but your amp budget is in the heavens? :slap: You know you have only a certain amount of money to spend on the amp, then why not tell us instead of being a snub little bastid... if money is not object to power those references.. then why not go for TruTechnology, Brax, Tube Driver Blue, or Sinfoni?

Obviously you know that would be overkill for those speakers and a simple JL Audio 300/4 which gives a 75rms power between 10.5 - 14.4volts will be the one you'll probably look at for around $350 on ebay.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:08 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Originally posted by LittleDragon

Dude, you're stupid. Plain and simple. You need some of this---> :slap:

moofoo has a great point in asking what your budget is. That's the #1 criteria that we would need in order to suggest you an amp. Otherwise, your question is too general. It's like someone asking, "how can I make my car faster?"

So considering you're new to HAN, it would be your benefit to be more specific when asking questions and stop being a jerk when people ask for more specifics from you. :nono:
Old 05-09-2003, 07:10 AM
LittleDragon

Thanks mofo... an answer I was looking for! Now was that so hard? Let me go get the KY for the next question...

Originally posted by moofoo
Interesting.. you have infinity references and a sony sub... but your amp budget is in the heavens? :slap: You know you have only a certain amount of money to spend on the amp, then why not tell us instead of being a snub little bastid... if money is not object to power those references.. then why not go for TruTechnology, Brax, Tube Driver Blue, or Sinfoni?

Obviously you know that would be overkill for those speakers and a simple JL Audio 300/4 which gives a 75rms power between 10.5 - 14.4volts will be the one you'll probably look at for around $350 on ebay.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:15 AM
rcurley55

Run a JL amp and you will be cheating yourself....get almost ANY other 75 x 4 on the market and you will be fine. Hell, go get a a/d/s/ P450 - that's a nice amp too.

Without a number that you want to spend, I can't help you.

Now, everyone, play nice
Old 05-09-2003, 07:25 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

I dunno man... sometimes you try to help noobs out with whatever info they give us.. and when we do try to help we get nooooooo respect I tell ya no respect at all

Yeah JL are overpriced for what their worth.. but that's just the local demand on these bastids.. but they do the job well ...

The guy never gave his budget... in the end he'll pick up a Lanzar or audiobahn and call it a day.