Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

95 civic help...

Old 05-04-2003, 09:41 AM
95DXPhiladeph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 civic help...

I got a 1995 civic, and in the front door I replaced the stock system with a nice set of new Pioneer (4 way) 6x9's (220W TS-A168OR). The rear deck I installed a new set of Sony XPlod (3 way) 6x9's (220W XS-V1633). I have a Sony XAV-7W 7" Monitor/Reciever. I am going to hook it up to a Sony DVD/CD/MP3/CD-r player. I have a Sony 10 disc changer (the good one that plays mp3's, etc... and I'm gonna hook that up to the player. What I am asking is, for amp and subs...'

I want to get Sony XPlod to match the cars theme of red and black, and contrary to what people have been telling me... it sounds good. So what im asking is what wattage amp do I need to get for either 2 or 3 12" Xplod subwoofers (top wattage). Or can someone set me up with what they would reccomend. I want 2 or 3 sony subs, and I want the bass to be pretty slammin... but I wanna be able to turn it down when I need to...

How many and what wattage amps do you reccomend?

I want 3 top wattage Sony Subs...

Also remember I have 2 pairs of 220w speakers...

THANKS ALOT!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 08:36 AM
95DXPhiladeph

top!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:18 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

I guess if you're going all explod.. then why not match up the Xplod amps to the Xplod subs you are getting. I dont know the specs of the "top wattage" subs... once you get that info... match up the "RMS" wattage with a simliarly powered US acoustics amp, JBL, etc.

I guess there were bound to be fans of Xplod out there somewhere. Hey if it sounds good to you then :thumbup:

*edit* uh... how did you fit 6x9s in the front doors of your car? I think you probably mean 6 1/2s for the fronts...
Old 05-05-2003, 04:01 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by moofoo
I guess if you're going all explod.. then why not match up the Xplod amps to the Xplod subs you are getting. I dont know the specs of the "top wattage" subs... once you get that info... match up the "RMS" wattage with a simliarly powered US acoustics amp, JBL, etc.

I guess there were bound to be fans of Xplod out there somewhere. Hey if it sounds good to you then :thumbup:

*edit* uh... how did you fit 6x9s in the front doors of your car? I think you probably mean 6 1/2s for the fronts...
yea my bad, the front is pioneer 6 1/2"s... good catch...

so should i get a seperate amp for my speakers? or is that not necessary? i guess ill get 3 1000W Xplod amps and 3 12" sony subs? They're top wattage says 1000, but im not sure about all that RMS stuff.... I'm really new at this... my two front speakers say 220W MAX, but I'm not sure what there RMS is either...