Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Speaker problem

Old 04-21-2003, 06:33 PM
HotLude93
The One And Only

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker problem

i have a 93 honda prelude and cant get the speaker covers of the car doors, the car is new so i dont know if i have to take the door panels off or just the speaker covers. does anyone have an idea how i install new speakers on the front door panel of my car please. drop a message. thnx :angry:
Old 04-21-2003, 10:30 PM
LjN_728

Not 100% sure if the 93' lude is anything like a 94' accord or even a 00' accord, but typically to remove the front spkr, you have to remove the entire door panel. Don't worry, it's not hard or anything. What's you're looking for are a couple, 2-3, screws that are holding the panel to the frame of the car. Typically the screws are located where the inside door handle is. You kno...where u open the door from the inside. The next screw is locating within the armrest of the door panel. You'll notice a pocket or something. Look inside and there should be a screw. Look around the panel and any visible screws. If you don't see any, there's nomore.

Once you've gotten all the screws, you might have to remove the panel that covers the side view mirror. No screws, just pop off tabs. Starting from the right side of the panel, slip ur fingers within the panel and the frame of the car and gently pry the panel off. Going from the right side, to the bottom, then to the left side. When the panel is free from all it's tabs, lift the entire piece up.

One more important thing...the thing that's holding the door handle is this thin metal bar. You have to unclip the piece that's located next the door handle.

Taking out the spkrs is nothing after this. G' luck!
Old 04-22-2003, 07:03 AM
HotLude93
The One And Only

yeah that sounds real easy not, im gonna wait untill someone with a 4th gen lude answer but if not im gonna go with your way of doin it thnx ljn_728 peace, anyone else have any ideas please drop a line, lata
Old 04-22-2003, 07:30 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Try asking in the Lude forum because I've never worked ona lude.. Sorry...
Old 04-22-2003, 07:32 AM
HotLude93
The One And Only

ive asked in this one and the prelude furom, but their lazy over there and dont give replies
Old 04-22-2003, 11:22 PM
MikeR

if you can find some pics shoot'em on, are they wraped in same cloth(1 peive) as rest of door cover? i havn't ever seen them either but i find it hard to believe you would have to take the door panel off to do speaker work, on my acu you have the lower speaker grill which has 2 hooks that slide down towards bottom of the door to hold it in then 2 on top that pop in towards outer door panel, all 4 have metal clips to keep them in place, hope this works.