Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

need ideas (pics incl)

Old 04-15-2003, 11:37 AM
long

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need ideas (pics incl)

im not to happy with how it looks. i think i need some black vinyl stickers or something to offset the white.

like make a spot for my sponsors or something

Well Ive had my ps2 in my car a for alittle bit now but im not really happy with how the setup looks. I wanted a couple of opinions.

Should I remake the entire cover around the tank and ps2 in fiberglass and get it painted?

or

should I just remake the part by the ps2 and make that fiberglass

or

What do you think i should do?

Old 04-15-2003, 06:21 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Looks pretty good to me....
Old 04-16-2003, 01:29 AM
Randy12vp

If you're looking for something a little different...
Put a piece of mirrored plexi on the surface that the amps sit on to set off the amps and make the tank stand out. Rework the area around the PS2 and do the same. Or what about a motorized drawer that hides the PS2 completely out of site when not in use? Just some ideas.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:33 PM
long

thanks....

motorized? dunno if i could do that. i like the mirror/plexi idea but i didnt wanna make it look to crowded.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:30 PM
rcurley55

Originally posted by long
thanks....

motorized? dunno if i could do that. i like the mirror/plexi idea but i didnt wanna make it look to crowded.
Motorizing is expensive...trust me. I'm taking my emergency brake handle out...it will be a PITA for sure.

I have a few questions:

1. What do the switches control? Why are they in the back seat? They should be up front IMO.

2. Are those hinges? What are those things that I see in the photo?

3. Put grilles in the rear speakers...it looks ugly without them IMO.

It's a bit monochromatic...it's hard to tell how it looks without seeing the whole car.

I'd work on those three things first....if you really want to work on the PS2, flush it in so that just the front panel shows.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:49 AM
long

Originally posted by rcurley55
Motorizing is expensive...trust me. I'm taking my emergency brake handle out...it will be a PITA for sure.
yeah thats what i imagined. never worked with motorizing stuff.

1. What do the switches control? Why are they in the back seat? They should be up front IMO
the switches control....
1. my pressure switch for my air tank
2. my power for my ps2 air controller
3. my power inverter/screen
4. not hooked up yet.
they are pretty easy to reach. my seats go back right next to them. didnt want them up front because the led light on them is really bright up front.

2. Are those hinges? What are those things that I see in the photo?
those were hinges. those are already off. i wanted the whole top to flip up but the sides wouldnt allow so i just took them off and made sure the vinyl is stuck good so no hindges.

3. Put grilles in the rear speakers...it looks ugly without them IMO.
those are on now. just off for the pic because i reinstalled the panels.

It's a bit monochromatic...it's hard to tell how it looks without seeing the whole car.
I'd work on those three things first....if you really want to work on the PS2, flush it in so that just the front panel shows.
you can see some pics of the car here.

www.sounddomain.com/id/long74

take a look and lemme know what you think. i think im going to redo the amp cover and the tank cover to make it more round and flow with the interior.