Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alright...this is a n00b question but i don't care

Old 04-07-2003, 10:20 PM
kid018
In the depths of my mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright...this is a n00b question but i don't care

I need your help. My car got jacked a couple of days ago (freakin teenagers...i'll tell you how i know). Anyway, all they took outta my car was some $$$ (about 10 bux) and my face plate BUT they left the rest of the unit. :madfawk: Side note: they also left my ENTIRE CD case (which has aobut $100 worht of NEW CDS, morons.....) Here's my question, well, actually 3...so here goes

1) Can i just buy the faceplate for my stereo??? If it helps any, it was an alpine deck...i THINK i still have the original box and all

2) I am running amps and subs in my trunk and i am thinking, fug it all and install my old OEM deck. Will it work? BTW, i have a 1999 v6 Accord sedan with CD player so it's a double decker deck I'm guessing i could but i don't wanna accidentally burn anything

3) I hope i don't have to but if options 1 & 2 don't work, i need to buy a new deck. Any suggestions??? Looking @ about 200 or so...nothing to fancy (ie eclipse) but i am happy with Alpine

Any help would be appreciated....Thanxh:
Old 04-07-2003, 11:00 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

1. Check ebay for a replacement face. The way Alpine's are, a different model # may still work worh your deck.

2. You can use your stock deck, but then you'd have to also use a line-level convertor for the RCA connections due to the fact that the stock deck does not have rca jacks. Also, sound quality will not be as good as with the Alpine.

3. Again, check ebay if you wanna go cheap.

Lastly, please remeber to take your face off next time. :thumbup:
Old 04-07-2003, 11:00 PM
Baget
All Show and No Go!

hmm does your old deck have rca outs or not? if they don't goto your local radioshack and get some rca converters.. sure it won't sound as good but its cheaper than a new deck.

most likely alpine will sell the face plates from their websites? or try local pawn shops to see if it made it through yet
Old 04-08-2003, 01:55 AM
Randy12vp

You can use your oem deck also if your amps have high level inputs. I really wouldn't go to Radio Shack to purchase a line level converter. They haven't been known for their higher quality car audio gear so why on earth would they carry a decent line level converter?
An oem deck with rca preouts? Is that something new Baget?