Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Engine Noise Problem...

Old 04-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Anthony
ZOMG Pew Pew Laserbeams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Noise Problem...

hey all i've had my speakers, amp, and headunit for awhile now but the thing that is really bothering me is the engine noise i get....i tried everything to get rid of it but dammit it just won't go away....any suggestions? In acc mode i get no engine noise but as soon as i turn on the engine i get some....i'm trying to figure out the problem but no clue....
Old 04-07-2003, 11:10 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

It's most likely alternator whine....

Did you run your power wires and speaker wires on the same side or together?? If so, run them separately on opposite sides...

If you did run them separately, then you'lll need to tell us a bit more about your set up...
Old 04-08-2003, 07:45 AM
Anthony
ZOMG Pew Pew Laserbeams

yeah because of my amp they do run on the same side....so your saying should run them in different directions? i didn't have this problem when i first installed it but then my radio didn't work so i had to redo it...but basically yeah they are running on the same side i was thinking/told i could get a noise suppresor but i have no idea where to get one and how to install it....
Old 04-08-2003, 09:59 AM
b00gers

are your connections tight? the ground connection mainly?

you can get a ground loop isolator. how about giving this a try, lower the gains on the amp a little bit. i did this...and no more noise in my system.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:52 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

If the wires are running side by side, that is definitely the problem.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Big Chaze
Mr Clutch

Originally posted by SOLDIER [X]
yeah because of my amp they do run on the same side....so your saying should run them in different directions? i didn't have this problem when i first installed it but then my radio didn't work so i had to redo it...but basically yeah they are running on the same side i was thinking/told i could get a noise suppresor but i have no idea where to get one and how to install it....
What he means is...
run your power wire one the passenger side, and then run your RCA cables on the drivers side.
I did it this way and still got some noise. I just purchased a noise filter and it fixed the problem. It installs real easy. Just match the jacks and connect them. The ones from the filter go the Rca's coming from your hu, and then the ones from your filter go to your amp.