Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help removing stereo 2002 Si

Old 03-31-2003, 11:51 AM
02_Si

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help removing stereo 2002 Si

I need help removing the stereo from my 02 Si. I cannot find anything on the internet to help me with the trim removal. I have looked for pictures, manuals and etc.
If anyone can help me get this stereo out by showing me a picture or telling me how to get the dash apart I would appreciate it!
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-31-2003, 09:41 PM
LjN_728

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it seems like the 02' civic si is totally different than it's older generation models. With the older models, all you did was slide out the small compartment on the side of the HU and everything just came apart. I haven't worked on a 02' si yet but from looking at the pics, it looks like the dash is a 2-piece dash. If you look where the radio and the shifter is, there's a separation. I would have to guess you gotta pop off the entire top portion of the dash but inserting a thin screwdriver. I would start off at the top where the a/c vent. Hey is there a separate piece right between the 2 a/c vents? If it's anything like the 98-02' accords, there's a screw securing the dash. Well hope whatever i wrote helps. G' luck!