Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

SRS Indicator

Old 03-16-2003, 08:19 PM
Josher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS Indicator

I have a 96 Integra LS that I have started to do a bunch of audio and alarm related activities with. Recently, I added the hatch release option to my Alpine alarm. Problem is, my SRS Indicator light is now on. In order to access the Alpine Alarm to hook up the relay for the hatch, I had to remove the panel right below the steering wheel. Attached to this panel were 2 Sensors. One of the sensors is involved with resetting the Maint. Required Indicator. Now, I do NOT know what the other sensor was for. I unplugged it in order to get the panel entirely out of the way. When I was finished, I plugged it back in, and now the Airbag (SRS) Indicator light is on. I've checked all my fuses (the two fuse boxes), disconnected the battery, but no luck. I've read that the Airbag (SRS) system is equipped so that if the battery is severed in an accident, there is a backup power supply that will still deploy the airbags. I wonder if leaving the battery disconnected for a few hours would help this? I'll try this tommorrow. Does anybody else have any idea as to what could be wrong? From my Haynes manual, it doesn't seem like the mysterious 2nd sensor is at all related to the SRS System. If anyone can help or needs more info. to help, let me know. Thanks.