Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alpine 7894 installed

Old 02-28-2003, 09:33 AM
lubs
Jack of few trades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine 7894 installed

I got this alpine put into my 99 Accord sedan yesterday. It sounds absolutely amazing, especially in comparison to the stock head unit. The sound quality is fantastic, and the power is very respectable for a deck. The stock speakers sound a heck of a lot better and can pump out much higher volume before distortion now. I'm about to put in the time correction numbers, I hear those will make the sound better as well. MP3 playback is excellent quality, but the 1-2 second load time per track is an adjustment from normal CD listening.

I'm in love with a piece of electronics. :thumbup:
Old 02-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Mike
Banned

:wopics:

The only load time in incur on my 7897 is when I insert the disc. Between tracks there's no load time at all. Anyways good buy! Ive heard alot of good things about that deck. I'm deciding whether or not to upgrade to an 7998 when I get external amps.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:42 PM
lubs
Jack of few trades

Hehe, I don't have a digital camera, so it will be a little while before I get pics up. I put in the time correction numbers today and now I'm even happier with it. I also burned another mp3 disc and it plays much better than the previous one, with minimal load time between concurrent tracks. Woohoo!
Old 03-01-2003, 01:02 AM
Mike
Banned

Originally posted by lubs
Hehe, I don't have a digital camera, so it will be a little while before I get pics up. I put in the time correction numbers today and now I'm even happier with it. I also burned another mp3 disc and it plays much better than the previous one, with minimal load time between concurrent tracks. Woohoo!
Where did you get the time correction numbers from? I haven't messed with my time correction yet, partly because I still have factory speakers.

Also, what are you using to burn the mp3s and what brand of media are you using?
Old 03-02-2003, 10:48 AM
lubs
Jack of few trades

For the time correction numbers I measured the distances between each speaker and my head when in driving position. I took those numbers and went to the Alpine website and used a tool in the i-Personalise section that calculates the delay required for each speaker in tenths of milliseconds. I then entered those numbers into the deck and enjoyed the noticeably better sound. The left speaker feels further away than it is, and the others are balanced as well. I left the post it note with the numbers in the car, I'll post them soon.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:50 AM
lubs
Jack of few trades

To burn mp3s I use Nero. I've tried Sony and Memorex media, and they both worked fine.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:21 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

either of you have problems with the mp3 playback mis numbering songs?
ive had problems using the 7998, 7897, 7995, 7894, it would switch some tracks around in only 1 folder

for instance, track 5 of folder 3 was really track 17 in the alpine deck, but when i put the mp3 disk in the kdcx959 or 859 (kenwood) it would play it correctly

maybe its just that cd, i never tried another mp3 disc, but i used imation media cd-r 80min and nero to burn
Old 03-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Originally posted by lubs
I left the post it note with the numbers in the car, I'll post them soon.

????????????????????