Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

New head unit pics

Old 03-01-2003, 09:46 PM
huviduc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not much for radio music, sorry. i havent been convinced that its worth the money
Old 03-03-2003, 04:58 PM
99AccordCoupe

My only concern would be that all the flipping action relys on motors, which could easily be flipping many times a day. Odds are, you won't have problems, but motors are just another thing that can break and ruin your previously wonderful HU. Ever wonder why Alpine's 2003 models did away with much of the tilting features???? Say the tilting 2002 CDA-7894 and now the 2003 non-tilting CDA-9813. Something to consider.
I agree. I've had my Excellon for over 2 years and it's starting to crap out on me. The stupid face wouldn't flip for week. After checking fuses and other things I was about to use a screw driver and pry it open. Luckily I turned on the ignition and it miraculously opened. Now some of the screen savers are gone and all I have is a dotted line going through the whole screen. Recently the unit just shuts off completely on me. I mean everything powers down including the amps. I hit the power button and it comes back on like nothing happened. It's not doing it anymore, but I have a feeling it will start acting up again. It's nice you can fine tune everything, but I'm going to step up to Alpine or Eclipse when it finally craps out. :madfawk: Kenwood!!
Old 03-06-2003, 10:30 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

Default Re: New head unit pics

Originally posted by huviduc
i got my new head unit, its a Kenwood excelon x859. it has a begillion different things you can do with it, i love it, ten times better than my alpine so far.
which alpine deck did you have before? and why do you like the kenwood one over the alpine so much?

i really like the 859 features including mp3 playback, but i wish it had the 759 display, i think it looks better and alot cleaner then the multi-color.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:05 AM
huviduc

i just went to the site and it was replaced with one of the new models just recently. i thought it was the 7894, or maybe 7874 if there was one of those. it looks just like the 7894 but it had only two bttons below the volums control. it cost like 220 i believe. from the day i got it i never liked the way it looked, it didnt sound that great. it wouldnt play in cold weather, and it wouldnt read half of my cds because they had some scrathes on them. and the green lights went out.

the kenwood reads every cd i have, plays in the cold, looks and sounds amazing. and overall so far, i would pick kenwood over alpine anyday. maybe i just got a bad head unit, i dont know. but i dont trust them anymore.

oh, and you can change the color desplay to a few different settings, i believe you can set it all one color. not sure though, i like the way it looks.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:11 AM
projekakkord
Southernplayalistic

Originally posted by 99AccordCoupe
I agree. I've had my Excellon for over 2 years and it's starting to crap out on me. The stupid face wouldn't flip for week. After checking fuses and other things I was about to use a screw driver and pry it open. Luckily I turned on the ignition and it miraculously opened. Now some of the screen savers are gone and all I have is a dotted line going through the whole screen. Recently the unit just shuts off completely on me. I mean everything powers down including the amps. I hit the power button and it comes back on like nothing happened.
Mine did the samething about 2 months ago. It would flip around, but the screen wouldnt light up. I couldnt turn it onl, wouldnt play anything, just sat there, but it would flip back around when I cut the car off. After riding with no musik for 2 weeks and losing my God Son cd to the deck, I got a Alpine CDA-7897 w/ the phantom face. It must work, or either there are some dumb thieves that live where I live cuz my car was broken into about 3 weeks later. They took my radar detector and my q-logic kick panels, but left the deck:thumbup: Plus, its hard as a mofo to take it out.