Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Problem with CLifford IG7000

Old 02-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Joon525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with CLifford IG7000

I have the aforementioned alarm installed on my car. Sometimes after it rains I'll come back to the car to get in it and it'll beep 3 times telling me that it went off as it's supposed to do. The LED blinks 6 times which tells me the hood sensor was triggered. I'll look for signs of a break in but there's none. This happens every so often and again, only when the car sits in the rain for some period of time.
The car is using a hood pin to trigger the sensor in the front of the hood.
Has anyone else had this problem? I had the hood pin replaced once but now it's doing it again.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:24 PM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

don't make it that sensitive then. turn down the sensitivity
Old 03-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Xiberius

I had that same problem with a Clifford Arrow 3 system. It kept on doing this untill I demanded from the seller that he fix it once and for all! What they did was they changed the system. Not the sensors and wires and stuff. Just the little black box that controls everything. I don't know if that was exactly what fixed it, or if it's just a matter of adjustment, but it stopped after that...
Old 03-11-2003, 09:28 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

id try to adjust the sensitivity for the hood sensor first, this wont change any of the other sensors but only for the hood. if this doesnt work then it could be an exterior proximity sensor to sensitive, then at last call, go back to the dealer that installed and have them swap the brain for a new one.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:47 AM
hondadrvr4life

Joon525.....the problem is with the hood pin switch. Most readily available hood pin switches are not made to tolerate the underhood environment. They usually end up rusting or becoming coroded. The best hood pin switch by far is the Alpine 8311. It is a sealed unit that is protected from water and the elements. Check your local Alpine dealer (and not Circuit City).