Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Protected by Alpine, step off *****!

Old 02-11-2003, 01:21 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Protected by Alpine, step off *****!

haha, yes this is to bust on 94uhkord! But I really did just install my new alpine SEC-8028 alarm, upgrading from a designtech, which I mostly used just for the keyless entry. With the alpine I hooked up the driver priority unlock feature... pressing the unlock button once unlocks just the drivers door (notorious in Honda OEM keyless systems) and press it again to unlock the rest of the doors. I used one ext. output for a trunk release (yes, I added the solenoid), which when the button is pressed, the "alarm" features of the alarm are disabled, but the doors remain locked... when the trunk is closed, the alarm re-arms itself. I have 2 more ext. outputs, probably use one for a window module, to open the windows... and use another window module that is activated when the system is armed to close the windows. i'll probably hook the third ext. output up to my headlights... so I can trigger my HID's from a distance.

All in all, its a great system... really happy with my purchase. I got a great deal on it too, being its last years model... the only real difference in this years model is the remotes have a blue LED instead of red... which I dont care about.

Sorry for the long post... im just really pleased with it!
Old 02-11-2003, 03:24 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Old 02-11-2003, 04:51 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: Protected by Alpine, step off *****!

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
haha, yes this is to bust on 94uhkord!

Sorry for the long post... im just really pleased with it!
Hey man, no bustin' on me:fawk: So you did ur own alarm huh? Cool? You got more balls than me. Congrats bro:thumbup: All I gotta say is I love my BlackJax system on my Clifford alarm, if you don't punch in the code in 15 seconds, ur azz out cause the alarm will shut that bish down I tested it out today in an empty parking lot, it's fawking sweet
Old 02-11-2003, 05:46 PM
illusion

I only have an old alpine 8080, if I didn't already have it in a box, I would have put in an AG4(like in my wifes car) or RS3. Blackjax ROX! But a few extra goodies make mine nice and annoying, plus having a coded key doesn't hurt
Old 02-11-2003, 08:18 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by illusion
I only have an old alpine 8080, if I didn't already have it in a box, I would have put in an AG4(like in my wifes car) or RS3. Blackjax ROX! But a few extra goodies make mine nice and annoying, plus having a coded key doesn't hurt
blackjax is the bomb! I love it. wireless immobilizer is next:naughty:
Old 02-12-2003, 06:36 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

i do all my own shyt! Alarms are probably the most time consuming thing, especially when adding more features and options... sometimes it gets to be a downright pain in the ass. Took me about 4 hours to complete... time well spent!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:23 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

i do all my own shyt! Alarms are probably the most time consuming thing, especially when adding more features and options... sometimes it gets to be a downright pain in the ass. Took me about 4 hours to complete... time well spent!
If you did all that in 4hrs, you have it well under control:thumbup:
Old 02-13-2003, 08:40 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

yeah, running a wire through the door jamb was the hardest part... its not easy getting a wire through that "boot" in the jamb, so I said fawk it, I took the door off the car and ran it through that way... kinda extreme, but I was getting rather frustrated trying to fish it with the door on the car! That alone took me almost an hour and a half!! Yeah, I know... "Is it worth all that grief just to have the drivers door unlock by itself?" to me, yes, it is
Old 02-13-2003, 07:21 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

yeah, running a wire through the door jamb was the hardest part... its not easy getting a wire through that "boot" in the jamb, so I said fawk it, I took the door off the car and ran it through that way... kinda extreme, but I was getting rather frustrated trying to fish it with the door on the car! That alone took me almost an hour and a half!! Yeah, I know... "Is it worth all that grief just to have the drivers door unlock by itself?" to me, yes, it is
I hear you man. I have priority door unlock too, just have to hold the unlock button down for a couple seconds, then it'll unlock the driver door only
Old 02-14-2003, 07:10 AM
b00gers

i still want my clifford rs3...im waiting for a best buy employee to be nice to me. h:

how much did you guys pay to get it installed?