Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Audio on RSX

Old 06-20-2002, 10:29 PM
Troopa-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio on RSX

Any advice? I want to keep the head unit stock if possible, and I'm not planning on too much. An amp, a sub (poss. two if i can get a good deal) and just replace the stock speakers with Kappas.

I'm not sure what the head unit is capable of, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows. I kind of want to know what I'm working with before I start messing around.

Also, as for head units, I've had my eye on the Pioneer DEP-H6400, but do any of you have a better choice in that price range? (I know the whole OEL screen is just for looks, but it looks pretty damn nice.)

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2002, 10:43 PM
b00gers

i use to work in walnut creek on n.main.:thumbup:

you can keep the stock HU, but i always recommend that you do swap it out for another, since you will need a better signal to your amps.

you are planning on putting an amp to the kappas? if so i definity recommend changing the HU.

i also love Pioneers organic displays.:thumbup: what exactly is the price range those the model you mentioned?
Old 06-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Troopa-R

Hey, thanks! :thumbup:

Definately gonna amp the Kappa's. So I should probably just switch out the head unit then... Yeah, that's what people have been pretty much telling me to do. Ah well...

The DEH-P6400 is around $300, but I know I can find it cheaper somewhere. I was thinking about one of those Alpine FantomFace ones, with the oversize faceplate, but that's kind of out of my price range if I want to get all this new equipment, you know? Pretty much, my max for the receiver is gonna be between $350 and $400. (also, I seriously thought about Xplods, if only cuz the red lighting would match the RSX, but I probably won't get that one... )
Old 06-21-2002, 01:42 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Is your factory system the base or the upgraded Bose with the sub built into the spare tire? If it is the base, you can do whatever you'd like with no problems (no need to bypass factory amps and crossovers). IF you have the upgraded factory system (I think it's only on Type-S) you will have to start from scratch (remove head unit, factory sub, all speakers, and run your own speaker wire to all speakers..... in essence as if there is no radio in the car to begin with.) I'll give you more help when you post your factory stereo type.
Old 06-21-2002, 02:00 PM
b00gers

for $300 i would stick with pioneers, alpine, or clarion. i, along with many others here do not like sonys car audio products.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:14 PM
Troopa-R

I have the base, so none of that should be a problem.

As for the Sony's, yeah. I'm not a big fan of their audio stuff either. It was all about looks. No worries, I wouldn't have gotten them.