Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Recommendation for 6.5" Front Speakers?

Old 02-04-2003, 07:55 AM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend has a Rockford Fosgate 4-Channel amp for sale...not sure of the output per channel. It's brand new though...

The Alpine Type-R speakers are what I was sort of looking at. :thumbup:
Old 02-04-2003, 08:59 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

hmmm it's down to alpine type R, JL XR or Infinity Kappa.

those JL's can be had for around $150 by some ppl on ebay.. that's great price... I personally havent even heard the type r, except for their 12inch subs... not bad soundin though...

Kappa's sound good for their price.. but nothing spectacular about them
Old 02-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Rycechyk

Originally posted by barto
alpine type r components. That is what I am getting. Sound great and you can get them on ebay for like 150 total. Great price.
that's what I'm getting too E-tronics is selling them for $150 also.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:01 PM
varyda
...::..:.::....::::..

boston rc - 299msrp
jl vr - 299msrp (less distortion at higher volume than xr)
Old 02-05-2003, 02:37 PM
The Dude
Banned

type R components, thats what I'm getting too!!!!!!

Oh yea and ALpine 6.5" coaxials for the back
Old 02-05-2003, 02:45 PM
xdannyx25

cdt classic
Old 02-05-2003, 05:19 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally posted by The Dude
type R components, thats what I'm getting too!!!!!!

Oh yea and ALpine 6.5" coaxials for the back
I have Alpine 6x9 SPR's in the rear...so far, those are pretty kick ass.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:42 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

Originally posted by xdannyx25
cdt classic
midbass in those things are rather weak.. even after driving them bastids at 90 watts rms... sealed or infinite baffle made no difference in my car...

we could go on on which speakers to suggest... I need to go to circuit city and take a listen to these type Rs.. and maybe the Type X.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:29 PM
97teg

Type x's blew me away in the store. The type r's can't come close to them. The crossover is just awsome. Thats why i ordered some. 200 off ebay should be here soon.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:07 AM
illusion

CDT HD-642DTM with the mid and tweet in kick panels, or just HD62-DTM and find a happy home for the tweet, of if you have some cash to spend, some ES-643(euro sport series), or if you're on a budget but still want some serious sound, the CL(classic) series is definatley pretty damn nice, or for the serious budget minded the classic slimline coax that were previously mentioned sound fantastic for a coax. I was running the HD-642s up front and cambria 6.5"s in an adapter plate for rear fill, sounded great, but had a booboo(crappy ripped mp3, and gain up too high on the amps) and one side of the cdts bought the big one, but I just ordered another set. I love CDT if you can't tell, a lot of bang for buck. Infinity Perfect 6.1s are ok, I think the cdts outperform them for less money though, but the Infinity driver look better to the eye. I have kicker RS6c in right now, and for the money they aren't bad, just not my favorite drivers around, tinny highs, and muddy mid, bleck.. Fosgate fanatic Q sound pretty decent, but again I've heard better for the money. All other fosgate lines are worthless to me. Focal are definately up there on my list as well, polyglass are great for them money, so are poly kevlar, but if you're serious about your tunes utopia are definately some nice drivers. Oz matrix line is pretty decent too.

Best bet is to go out and listen to some, it's hard to take other people's word for something, what sounds great to one person might sound like dung to another, and vice versa. Audio is one thing that's definately up to the end user. While folks like me that have been listening to nice systems for ages might not be able to stomach a set of infinity reference, they might sound good enough for your. Again, just go listen to some.