Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

How to wire DVC sub

Old 01-31-2003, 09:41 AM
scrappe7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to wire DVC sub

ok guys i have the following set up:

single 10" rockford HE2 800 watt (400 RMS) in a wood and plexiglass enclosure powered by a 760 watt (380 x 1 RMS) pioneer GM x962 amp.

The sub box only has 2 terminals on it and i was wondering how to wire the sub then. I was going to take one POS+ and one NEG- wire from the back of the sub and wire that to the enclosure boxes termianals and then run the sub box posts to my amp. With the extra POS and NEG on the sub i was told to just connect them togther. THe question is do i connect the extra set from inside the box or can i just run 1 wire that connects the 2 used posts on the outside of the sub box together?

[IMG] http://mods.team-integra.net/images/...amp_wiring.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2003, 12:50 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

how many ohms are each of the coils on the sub? You'll want to achieve a 4 ohm total load for the amp... If the coils are 2 ohms, wire them in series... positive from the box terminal to the positive of one of the coils, then the negative of that same coil to the positive of the other coil... the negative of the second coil to the negative on the box terminal.

If the coils are 4 ohms a piece, you'll need to run the amp in stereo to avoid overloading the amp... which is just positive and negative of each amp channel to one coil a piece.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:22 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

ok i have 2 DVC subs each with a total of 4 ohms i believe. my amp is more then capable of powering both subs and thensome while running at 4ohms. would this be my best set up? is this even right? thanx guys.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:42 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

anyone? bueller?
Old 02-12-2003, 07:42 PM
97teg

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html
That will tell you the different ways to wire but sounds like you know that. It would be best to wire them to the lowest possible ohm load that your amp can handle. Usally amps specs will say the lowest ohms the amp is stable to and how many watts
Old 02-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 02-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by ShAg9yBrDr
ok i have 2 DVC subs each with a total of 4 ohms i believe. my amp is more then capable of powering both subs and thensome while running at 4ohms. would this be my best set up? is this even right? thanx guys.

- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net