Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Audio Damping....

Old 01-18-2003, 05:56 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Damping....

Ok, when damping my car for bass...as in Dynamat, etc, I know i should like pull up the carpeting in the trunk and put it down and what not but what about the top of the trunk and trunk lid? There's a bunch of holes, and little nooks in it, how do i dampen those parts? I thought maybe just use the spray kind for those parts but thought I would ask yall first. Thanks in advance!

~Green Civic EX
Old 01-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Phreaxer

just cover them up. i would highly reccomend you check out www.raamaudio.com and look at the pictures and stuff that show how the install is done. you may want to use raamat also, instead of dynomat. it is much much better and a whole lot cheaper. If you order from him, put something in the subject about "phreaxer" sending you, and you can probaly save a few bucks. The creator and distributor is a friend of mine. Good luck
Old 01-18-2003, 10:28 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

thanks bro!

~Green Civic EX
Old 01-19-2003, 07:55 AM
ShAg9yBrDr

im about to get into this boat as well. need to do some dampening on my car. dynamat seems to be the way to go but its heavy stuff and im trying to find alternative options. ill have to check that stuff out, sounds nice.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:38 PM
b00gers

you need to make the panels heavier to dampen them...not really much of a choice. those expanding foams work well for parts of the application only.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:05 AM
Toxis
Car Audio Manb*tch

Originally posted by Phreaxer
you may want to use raamat also, instead of dynomat. it is much much better and a whole lot cheaper.
What is it that makes it better than dynomat? I've never heard of that stuff and was kinda curious.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Phreaxer

It is a lot cheaper first of all.. that makes it a lot better to some people. Chemically, it is nearly identical to dynomat, however, it is stickier, which makes instalation much easier, and the owner of the company will answer any questions you have directly. no waiting for automated responses like with dynomat. if you have more questions let me know... here is the price breakdown...

Dynomat ~ $250 for 32 feet
RAAMat $99 shipped for 60+ feet... ( i dont remember the exact sq footage, but I know its over 60..)

Dropping my name might even save you a couple bucks more, but I cant promise anything.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:29 PM
rcurley55

Originally posted by Toxis
What is it that makes it better than dynomat? I've never heard of that stuff and was kinda curious.
1. Cheaper
2. Smells less
3. No heat needed to apply
4. Better adhesion

I have not had a chance to check the densities of some of the top mass loaders, but I would venture to say that Raamat60 would be on par with Dynamat Extreme. Those are really the primary benefits, plus I'd rather make Rick some money and get to see the Matrix get finished...
Old 01-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Phreaxer

haha, what up RC? I want the Matrix to get done too! Then I want him to help me do my install... I have offered to help him out to get the Matrix done, its close, but needs some work before SBN. I wont have mine ready for SBN (most likely not) but I should be at CES next year..

Back on subject:

Any questions that you might have can be answered by me directly Phreaxer@hotmail.com, or by Rick himself (the owner of raamaudio) Raam@raamaudio.com
Old 01-23-2003, 09:08 AM
rcurley55

Originally posted by Phreaxer
haha, what up RC? I want the Matrix to get done too! Then I want him to help me do my install... I have offered to help him out to get the Matrix done, its close, but needs some work before SBN. I wont have mine ready for SBN (most likely not) but I should be at CES next year..
I'd like to see which direction he's going with this install....should be interesting. Do you know where to get some of that Insulite that Rick is using? I need a few rolls.