Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

stupid question

Old 01-16-2003, 07:16 PM
99CivicHB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid question

just got my car back from the shop, and went home to install my new cd player. I didn't even test the old one before trying hte new one, so i don't know if it worked, but.... i connected the new one and ****ed up, accidentally left the battery connected, anyways, it didnt turn on. I freaked out, and disconnected everything again, disconnected battery, and tried to connect old one again (plug and play, since they are both pioneers) and nothing turns on either. I took out the fuse for "radio/clock" under the dash and it doens't look blown. What else could it be?
Old 01-16-2003, 07:36 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

check the fuse under the hood, its a long shot but could be the prob. It was the prob when I did the same thingh:
Old 01-16-2003, 08:27 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

check all the connections... if there is an inline fuse in the radio's wirring harness, check that...

but like he said, check the under-hood fuse as well... theres 2 seperate fuses that make the radio work.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:19 AM
99CivicHB

well, the fuse under the hood was blown. Replaced it, and still no luck. I'm getting no power to my HU....is there anyway that i could have shorted out the wirring harness?