Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Advice on a few things?

Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on a few things?

I have a few things I wanted advice on. Never posted in this section b4.

here we go. It's a 91 Civic Si. Have a co worker who have a brand new alarm he"ll sell me for $50. This tech said he would do it but I need a diagram of my electrical system.
Is there anything on here I can print out/make copy. He didn't give me a price. Or buy alarm & go to a shop & let them install it. It's no famous name brand.

The other thing is I want a amp. Nothing expensive. As of now I have a Kenwood head unit ,4 6.5" speakers & a Infinity 12" sub. It sounds pretty good being powered by the radio but need it to hit a little harder. Anything good to run for $100.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 09:43 AM
b00gers

Unless the person who is installing your alarm is very good with his work, I would suggest shopping around for the alarm. You want to make sure it gets installed correctly and well. And with shopping around you can make sure you get all the options you want.

As for a $100 amp, you are pretty limited...but it would be much better than powering the amp off of the headunit...I am actually surprised you can do that. What model sub do you have?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:42 PM
gingas

This guy I use to work with several yrs ago installed my system. Yeah, I have a double din Kenwood cassete/cd player. A salesman gave it to me after a couple traded there Ford Explorer in. So, I took it. So my unit is running my mb quartz tweeters,4 -6.5" speakers & my 12" SUB IS A INFINITY. About amps I've seen a few a Jensen @Pepboys & then I found a Sony Xploid for like $98& 150. Would these be any good. The only amp I use to buy back in the day was Kenwood.
Yeah, I might skip the guy hooking up alarm & just find a shop for 1. Don't need nothing fancy.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:04 AM
b00gers

Which model sub because Infinity makes a series of subs that require different amount of wattage. Stay away from Jensen.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:10 PM
samabhi12

Originally Posted by b00gers
Which model sub because Infinity makes a series of subs that require different amount of wattage. Stay away from Jensen.
I am new to this forum. I want to install an Alpine system. Pls give some feedback on it.