Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Is this a good deal?

Old 01-12-2003, 12:52 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by smakdown
Really? Im talking about the code that your key (with a chip in it) is supposed to give to the starter module for it to start. How can a jumer wire bypass that?
i dont know the wire method, but i have been recently informed of another "method" to bypass it.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:13 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by WiLL
i dont know the wire method, but i have been recently informed of another "method" to bypass it.
another way huh? It's a deterrent for sure, but not fool proof.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:19 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 94uhkord
it comes w/everything the 200 has plus the dual zone proxy sensor, remote proxy sensor override, dual zone omni-sensor, automatic window closure, built in lock/unlock relays, nightvision, remote controlled timed headlight activation, and selectable post parking illumination.
whats nightvision? and selectable post parking illumination?
Old 01-12-2003, 03:11 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by KRA
whats nightvision? and selectable post parking illumination?
nightvision- a sensor "see's" when ur headlights need to be turned on(like at dusk) and turns them on automatically.

Selectable post parking illumination-keeps your lights on after parking your car for a user defined period of time(from 1 second to 4 minutes)
Old 01-12-2003, 04:22 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

$600-$700 is a lot for an alarm IMO... Is the car and the stuff inside worth that much t drop that kinda flow on it??? Look at it his way, if your car does get jacked, do you want to be out the money for the alarm (a lot or a little) PLUS your deductible??? I mean if the car was worth like over $20G's and is a forsure theft magnet (i.e. ITR), then I'd spring for an alarm over $500, but for an Si like mine, I'll pass... My $300 Viper is plenty enough to make me sleep easy at night. All an alarm is doing is buying you time and peace of mind. Some people require more peace of mind and thus pay a lot more for their alarms.

But for that price range, I'd look into Compustar's. I've heard good things about those....
Old 01-12-2003, 04:50 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by SiClone
$600-$700 is a lot for an alarm IMO... Is the car and the stuff inside worth that much t drop that kinda flow on it??? Look at it his way, if your car does get jacked, do you want to be out the money for the alarm (a lot or a little) PLUS your deductible??? I mean if the car was worth like over $20G's and is a forsure theft magnet (i.e. ITR), then I'd spring for an alarm over $500, but for an Si like mine, I'll pass... My $300 Viper is plenty enough to make me sleep easy at night. All an alarm is doing is buying you time and peace of mind. Some people require more peace of mind and thus pay a lot more for their alarms.

But for that price range, I'd look into Compustar's. I've heard good things about those....
Even if my car is only worth 8g's, I think spending 6-7 bills for security makes sense. I mean, rims only cost more than that. At this point(and im just getting started) the mods i've done to my car doubles the cost of the alarm installed. I think it's a better investment to get the alarm than to buy the stuff we get for our cars that don't do anything for preserving the value of our car and attract thieves attention. Oh, by the way, my car just happens to be on the top of the most stolen list
Old 01-18-2003, 02:35 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally posted by smakdown
I think what he's is trying to say is that if you left your car somewhere out in the open for like a whole day, or lets say you went on vacation. If some "professional" guys wanted to take your car, they will take it. All that car alarm would do is slow them down, alot. If they knew you had it in advance, they could plan away around it before even breaking into your car. No car alarm is theft proof, but your chances of having your car stolen with an alarm are very very slim to none.
:werd:

I spent $300 for my tint and alarm. It's good enough.

instead of spending $700+, get theft coverage on your car.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Bass Mechanic

for that price of 600 somthing bucks i think you can get a responder alarm. i know where you can get one cheap. PM me
Old 01-18-2003, 08:32 PM
arracing

If you are going to get a alarm look into getting compustar. Honestly I think its the best their is and it comes with a little remote lcd that is a pager as well. Search for it on the web.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:44 AM
smakdown

Instead of spending $600-$700 on an alarm that you have to trust will work, get a cheaper one that includes an lcd pager remote so you know EXACTLY when someone is breaking into your car and how they are doing it. That way you can run out there with a big bat and kick some ass. I think the Clifford matrix rs3 has that.