Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Dynamatting CRX, lil' help please

Old 01-02-2003, 05:21 PM
88Cardrex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamatting CRX, lil' help please

Ok, well, there is unreal road noise inside my car, not to mention the entire hatch area really rattles, I think the doors might too but the rear area rattles so much I don't even hear the front. So anyways, I'm getting a 36sq ft. roll of dynamat extreme, will that cover the area starting just behind the seats, plus both doors? If there's any left over would it be worth doing the front portion of the car?
fyi, I'm running 605cs infinity's in the door powered by a 75w rms equalizer/amp and 2 sony 12's in a spare tire well enclosure powered by 150watts a piece rms sony amp.
I know Sony sucks, bite me, I got a good deal, planning on going infinity all the way when I get the money
Thanks!
Harry
Old 01-02-2003, 07:44 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

from what i heard... expandable foam works wonders. its cheaper, lighter, and easier to apply. the guy at the shop said it was amazing and will never use dynamat again
Old 01-02-2003, 08:03 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Expandable foam... is it easy to keep thin and evenly coated?
Old 01-02-2003, 08:07 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

yeah it can be... well so this guy says. hey it sounded like a good idea and if u got the time why not give it a shot
Old 01-03-2003, 01:58 PM
88Cardrex

I actually already used expandable foam in some spots to insulate my wheel wells, As far as using it on the whole car, I don't think I'd be up for that at all, it'd take forever, plus it's easy to lose control of... Does anyone know if the 36 sq ft. would cover the entire rear crx area and doors?
Old 01-06-2003, 12:06 PM
acuradriva

I got a roll of RAAMat the better one. It is way cheaper than Dynamat. I have a 88 CRX it did the whole hatch. I probablly have enough left over to do the doors. Look for it on ebay.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:27 PM
Phreaxer

Definately go with the RAAMat. it is 1/3rd the price for twice as much and it is a much better product. As if that were not enough, the owner of the company (Rick) will help you out when any possible questions you have.

www.raamaudio.com