Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Amp's fuse went bad

Old 01-02-2003, 11:47 AM
tripods4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp's fuse went bad

what does it mean when the amp's fuse goes bad. is it a wiring problem.

i have had my amp connected over a year now. i had removed the sub for about 2weeks, then when i put it back in, i noticed the amp was not working. i inspected the fuse, and noticed it was bad. should i be concerned, or simply replace the fuse and not carry a concern about it
Old 01-02-2003, 12:02 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Your refering to the amp fuse and not the inline fuse that, should be, is on the wire from the battery to the amp?

Is it at all possible that something metal could have come in contact with the amp during that time? Like a loose screw or pliars or screwdriver rolling around the trunk? It's possible something could have rolled against the amp and shorted it, in which case I would just relace it and find the offending bit of metal.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:32 PM
tripods4u

yes, the amp fuse. not the inline battery fuse. it is very possible that something metallic came in contact with the amp. the amp is located on the floor next to my tools, spare tire may have landed on the amp. numerous possibilities.

i did not know that if the amp came in contact with metal it would go bad.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:03 PM
b00gers

if it happened while you were taking stuff out...i would say 95% of the time...it was something you caused. replace it, go on with your day.