Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   Wire Color Information: FYI (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/42547-wire-color-information-fyi.html)

SumAccordGuy94 04-28-2004 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by nwagent
I am putting an amp and a 12" sub in a 2002 Accord - i am going to splice the rear and run the rca converter thru them - what color wire for the amp remote and also the rear speaker wires - would it be the same color from the speaker to the deck - red/yellow brown/white and blue/yellow grey/white.

Thanks for your help.

Ed

There is NO turn on wire in 6th gen and up accords. Although some companies that make Line Output Converters have some models with a remote turn on generator, which senses an audio signal and triggers a wire. You may want to look into one of these. The speaker wires at the rear speakers will be the same as at the deck. Honda speaker wires are fairly easy to figure out though, the "brighter" colors are the positive and the "dull" colored wires are the negative...

SumAccordGuy94 04-28-2004 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by wedley2
90 accord ex sedan
install alarm.

i can find all the wires but starter and engine cap.
thanks

Start wire = Black with White stripe, in the ignition switch harness, its a heavy wire, 10 or 12 gauge.

Engine cap? what do you mean?

SumAccordGuy94 04-28-2004 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1FastMonkey
I have a 94 civic lx 4 door.
i want to hook my reverse glow gauges up to the lights so when i turn them on the gauges go on.
thanks
pat

You're looking for a Red wire with a black stripe... it can be traced from the headlight switch to a harness with a green connector... Should be to the LEFT of the steering collum as you're facing the steering wheel. You can also connect to the back of the dash light dimmer switch... there will be 3 wires, the black is a ground, and then 2 red wires... use a test light to see which one does NOT dim when you turn the knob, you can use that wire as well. If you connect to the wire that does dim, you will ruin the inverter for the gauges.

SumAccordGuy94 04-28-2004 12:05 PM

I apologize to the people I missed back in 03, if you still need help, post again please.

RicoD 04-28-2004 04:53 PM

what/where is the wire for the parking light or even the headlight for a 95 civic dx?

I need to connect a dimmer wire for my HU and i cant seem to find it....thank you :D

EDIT: the thing for my HU is that its suppose to make it dimmer to make the HU not so bright at night when the parking or headlight is turned on....

SumAccordGuy94 04-28-2004 05:02 PM

There is a dimmer wire in the radio harness. If you get a harness adapter, there will be an orange wire, that is the wire for the parking lights.

wedley2 04-28-2004 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by SumAccordGuy94
Start wire = Black with White stripe, in the ignition switch harness, its a heavy wire, 10 or 12 gauge.

Engine cap? what do you mean?

lower right hand corner, white/blue wire...
thanks for your help.

SumAccordGuy94 04-28-2004 06:23 PM

I have no idea what that is...

1FastMonkey 04-29-2004 05:23 AM

hey thanks alot, you really helped my out,
should be no trouble now. I really didnt want to hunt around with a tester and see which one it was.
Basically you prolonged my lazyness
thanks again, maybe i will see you at some NY shows
pat

RicoD 04-29-2004 07:32 AM

Another stupid question...anyone know where i can find another 12 V batter wire? anything thats constantly hot...the one from my radio has no current running through it what so ever so i just wired it to the ignition wire in the meantime....of course i lose all my settings when i turn my car off....does anyone know where i can tap in to another source for the HU so it has constant power whether the ignition is on or off???

its for a 95 civic DX btw...thank you :D