Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Replaced all stock speakers...what next?

Old 12-31-2002, 12:18 PM
smakdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced all stock speakers...what next?

Well, ive got some infinity ref. comps up front, infinity 6x9 3 ways in the back now, and while im short for cash im trying to think of what to do next. Ive narrowed it down to either saving up $300 for the alpine cda-7894 (i have an alpine 3de-7886 right now) or going for the infinity basslink sub ($220). I know there are other alternatives like diff. HU or sub+amp combo but for my situation those are my choices. What would you guys recommend I do first?

Oh and BTW this is in a 94 accord lx.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:10 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

well, Infinity speakers like power... and I KNOW that 3de isnt putting out very much of it... the 7894's built in amp is a tank... the best deck amplifier ive ever seen or heard... I wouldnt starve the speakers for very long (if at all), i'd say get the new deck first... you'll be able to play your music at a louder volume, with less distortion and more overall clarity and punch. Plus I remember you saying something about the 3de not playing recorded CD's well... so I definatly say go for the deck...
Old 01-01-2003, 06:09 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Go for the CDA-7894... :thumbup: