Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

amp suggestions for my setup?

Old 12-23-2002, 01:53 PM
sinthetiq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amp suggestions for my setup?

hi.. i have a 2000 honda civic hatchback.. anyways, here is my current setup

eclipse 5442 headunit
alpine v12 amp
12" mtx sub
kenwood 6.5" (front)
sony 3" (rear)

i recently got an eclipse 5303r headunit which requires an amp to power it.. any suggestions on the amp?

also, i would like some 6x9's to replace the small 3" sony speakers in the rear to gain some mids. do any 6x9's fit in ?

thanks in advance.
Old 12-23-2002, 07:22 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

keep it the same as what you already have... get another alpine amp... or find a 5 channel amp... the alpine t752 was an awesome amp!

where do you have the 3's mounted now? in the DX hatchback, isnt there a place in the back to mount 6 1/2's?
Old 12-23-2002, 07:30 PM
sinthetiq

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
keep it the same as what you already have... get another alpine amp... or find a 5 channel amp... the alpine t752 was an awesome amp!

where do you have the 3's mounted now? in the DX hatchback, isnt there a place in the back to mount 6 1/2's?
yah, i was thinking of getting another alpine amp. how would that work, having one amp go to the sub, and the other goto the speakers? a 4channel would be fine, correct? what should i look for in the amp..

i have the 3's mounted in the rear.. i think the rear is 6x9, i have the 3's mounted onto a thin piece of wood, cut into the shape of the 6x9 to fit.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:38 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

if it was me, i'd get another alpine amp that matches the sub amp... not nessecarily the exact same amp, just appearance wise. Find something with 4 channels... you'll probably want around 50 watts x 4. Then just keep the amp you are using now for the sub. Be sure to ground the 2 amps at the same point to avoid noise.

If the rear accepts 6x9's, then most 6x9's should fit... as speakers are designed to fit into stock locations. Crutchfield's website will show you which speakers will fit your car.