Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

light alarm

Old 12-23-2002, 01:50 PM
foc-u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default light alarm

I have a 95 honda civic ex.
the problem is that my wife constantly leaves the lights on when she gets out of the car. I bought this car used. most cars i have driven have an alarm or chime when you open the door and the lights are still on. is this a blown fuse or did the 95 not come with such an alert??

PLease help i am tired of jumping the battery.

Gary
Old 12-25-2002, 08:26 PM
LjN_728

I'm not exactly sure wut category the chime light is under. I'd ask the honda dealership for that. But to try and help out...it is possible to disconnect the chime. I'm not sure where it's located for civics, but this is where is it for my old 89 accord. This is gonna be sorta hard to reach for cuz the compartment space is small. you gotta go on the floor of the car, thru the driver's side. Locate the little crawl space between the driver and passenger side. Pretty much the middle of the car. Feel around for a harness that's like a 8 pin harness, that met be disconnected. If so, reconnect it. It's gonna be hard to find the connection, so u just gotta feel around. That was for my old accord remember, so i'm not sure for ur civic, but it's worth a try. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2003, 04:16 PM
blueeyes10
Banned

No they did not.