Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Dome Light Alarm Question

Old 12-11-2002, 01:36 PM
azn1028

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome Light Alarm Question

ok.. i have 2 wires left.. one is for dome light input.. one is for dome light output... in the manual it comes with it says that there's a black/white (-) for dome light... it's also the door trigger wire.. so do i attach my dome light input wire to this black/white wire.. or the output wire?? and where's the other wire i need?? i have a 98 accord 4cyl.. thanks
Old 12-11-2002, 01:46 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

www.designtech-intl.com has great wirring diagrams, it even gives the wire location. Both those wires from the alarm, the input and output should go to the dome light wire... the input wire will tell the alarm when the doors open (setting off the alarm) and the output wire will ground the dome light, so it comes on when you disarm.

Make sure the output of the alarm does not need a relay to power the dome light, sometimes they do because the trigger from the alarm cannot handle any current, other than the coil of a relay. Also, make sure the output shows negative when activated... the dome light wire needs to be grounded to turn the light on, as the positive is already at the dome light.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:27 PM
azn1028

thanks man.. ur posts are always helpful..