Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Channel Expanders

Old 12-07-2002, 05:39 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Channel Expanders

I have a Code Alarm Pro 300 security system with one output I'm using for my power trunk solenoid. I want to add power window modules for auto up/down and remote control operation. I have heard of channel expanders that can take one output and give you up to six. I was wondering if anyone knows about them, and how well they work. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:00 PM
Buckman

All alarm companies have expanders. Just like you said all they do is add more output channels to you alarm and work great. But how many channels does your alarm have now? If you want to add power windows up and down you just have to have two more channels. One channel to roll the windows up when you arm the car and one to roll them down from the remote. I really don't think that you want them to roll down when you disarm the car, it really sucks when it's raining outside or is just flat out cold. I have this on my car and I love it, great add on feature! :thumbup:
Old 12-08-2002, 05:31 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

The only optional output my alarm has is for my power tunk. You hold the dissarm button for three seconds after you dissarm. That's the kind of channel I am looking for. I don't want the thing to roll the windows down as soon as I hit unlock, of course. I was under the impression that these expanders offer selectability, like holding the button down longer, or clicking it more than once.