Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help!! how to deactivate factory alarm

Old 11-28-2002, 03:47 PM
cheerful_ppl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! how to deactivate factory alarm

Hi guys,

My friend has a 97 Acura TL3.2. Somhow the factory alarm cannot be disarmed, ie no matter how you press the remote control(s), the alarm doesn't react. He did change the battery on the remote control but didn't help. To me it looks like the problem is on the alarm module inside the car. He can still use the key to open the door locks (sure it activates the siren) but he can't start the engine.

Does anyone know:
(1) how to deactivate the siren?
(2) how to bypass the alarm and start the engine?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2002, 08:05 PM
steveng

to me the problem sounds like it has something to do with the ignition rather than the alarm.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:15 AM
smakdown

My accord thad the same problem a few months ago. Turned out to be some blown fuses in the alarm circuit. In my accord, you can see the alarm brain stuffed up under the dash on the driver side with alot of wires and crap coming up. Check under there for some blown fuses.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:01 PM
cheerful_ppl

Thanks for the replies, I'll get my friend to check all the fuse. Since it is a factory alarm, it should be pretty reliable unlesss there is a fuse blown.